Reporting to TEN’s Director, Construction, a Senior Project Manager (SPM) is accountable for the management and oversight of all assigned project construction activities taking place at assigned TEN project buildings. The Senior Project Manager (SPM) will be responsible of project scope delivery, adherence to or improvement of project budgets and ensuring projects are delivered to each Customer’s satisfaction, on time. Through their on-site management, the SPM will ensure that the worksite is safe, supervised and managed in an effective and efficient manner. Maintaining and managing daily communications with and directing the activities of all subcontractors are also key to the success of the SPM and to the company’s projects.
PROJECT | SITE MANAGEMENT
- Communicate regularly with TEN’s Director - Construction to report on project status and concerns.
- Routinely monitor noise during building improvement activities. As some of the work may be constructed during normal building operating hours, there is a high sensitivity to noise levels and other construction activities which would disrupt customer events.
- Prepare project work schedules. Two week look-ahead schedules will be given to the customer each week in order to apprise Customer of upcoming construction activities. This two week look-ahead will be continuously monitored and will be revised two days prior to work events.
- Prior to the end of each work shift, access for the next work day location will be made to minimize Subcontractor work delays.
- Supervise vendors and subcontractors to ensure quality and safety control, including projects that are delivered on time and within budget while meeting or exceeding the Customers’ expectations.
- Analyze site and/or installation conflicts and offer alternative solutions for consideration to TEN’s Director - Construction.
- Coordinate the flow of materials on site and arrange for their safe and secure storage. This includes: maintaining all areas of assigned projects (i.e. - temporary or customer provided storage, waste disposal, etc…) in a neat and organized manner.
- Attend weekly jobsite construction meetings as required.
- Maintain project files in an organized manner.
- Foster effective customer, subcontractor, vendor relationships at multiple levels and project phases.
- Collaborate with TEN’s Project Team to prepare and maintain all forms of project presentations, documentation, and material.
- Promote safety through the communication and enforcement of the Occupational Safety and Health Act and other relevant laws.
- Ensure that all safety and environmental regulations, codes, by-laws and policies are being followed by personnel on site.
- Conduct weekly job site safety meetings with TEN Employees and Subcontractors. Prepare and provide documentation of meetings to TEN’s Director - Construction.
- Identify and analyze energy conservation projects (as needed) with a specific focus upon efficient application of building systems.
- Work with construction and development team to develop project scopes, subcontractor selection, measurement and verification, and weekly project scheduling.
- Assist with the measurement & verification or rebate analysis process (if necessary) for metering before and after energy efficiency installations occur.
- Provide direction to on-site subcontractors, sub-trades and suppliers.
- Participate in the complete commissioning/testing of retrofits to systems.
- Review subcontractor and supplier invoices (including claims and extras) for accuracy.
- Assist with all necessary inspections that need to be carried out by local authorities and with approvals that need to be obtained.
- Monitor progress of construction as it compares with approved schedule(s) and report any variances to TEN’s Director, Construction. These efforts are not limited to daily revision of any and all electronic “as-built” files, most commonly found with window, water, and lighting scope of works.
- A daily report, within four (4) hours after project site progress visit and review, will be prepared and sent to the Customer for review. Information covered within the daily report is job name/location, weather conditions, safety topics discussed, jobsite visitors, and various other pertinent job details noted in TEN’s “cTEN” daily report application.
- Accomplish an inspection of the work area prior to installation of protective covering to identify the current condition of office equipment and general state of office cleanliness.
- Maintain cleanliness of the work site caused by contractor and/or subcontractor employees on a continuous basis throughout the availability. Work spaces include those areas immediately under and adjacent to the work site. Cleaning shall be accomplished no later than at the end of each shift at a minimum, on a daily basis. Subcontractor shall be handling the work construction debris, while manager is to assure that ancillary dirt and dust is non-existent, while assuring that all installed equipment is safe and operational for office personnel. Assist with assuring that all subcontractors, under your supervision, possess all required licenses, employee clearances, identification badges and qualifications to carry out the work.
- Supervise the installation of energy efficiency projects by outside subcontractors.
- Record the progress of work using photography, streamed video/videotape etc. to thoroughly document the job.
SITE ENGINEERING AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- Assist TEN team members in the development of energy efficient projects by collecting site and any other building system data required.
- Trouble-shoot problems arising on-site.
- Assist with the surveying of buildings and identification of possible energy efficiency projects including working with subcontractors to firm up pricing for energy efficiency projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years of related construction experience;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and mindset is critical;
- Advanced understanding of energy efficiency building opportunities;
- Understanding of project estimating, especially as it relates to building mechanical and electrical system installations;
- Appreciation for and understanding of the information required by customers to make energy efficiency decisions, particularly the cost of installing energy efficiency projects;
- Ability to identify and validate the incremental cost of all energy efficiency projects;
- Ability to work well with other team members to drive company growth and success;
- Knowledge of engineering and construction practices in retrofit / renovation applications obtained through demonstrated experience;
- Strong customer focus with well-developed customer relations skills;
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner;
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills;
- Ability to organize multiple priorities and to set and meet personal goals and deadlines;
- Confidence and ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to use a computer, word processing, presentation, spread sheeting software and mobile applications;
- Ability to work with and make recommendations on project scheduling software;
- Ability to work with diversified workforce;
- Additional qualifications in business or risk management a plus;
- Prior relevant experiences in the energy industry are not mandatory, but are a plus.
- Proven leadership ability and desire;
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong tactical skills;
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed;
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities;
- Exceptional service orientation;
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.