As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
With industry expertise that touches more than 70% of the world’s business processes, SAP is uniquely positioned to lead our customers in their digital transformation journey. Digital business is built on new computing infrastructure– S/4 HANA as the core, plus the pillars of mobile, cloud, Big Data and analytics – accelerated by SAP Leonardo, the Internet of Things (IoT), advances in Machine Learning, and innovations like Blockchain. DBS Delivery leaders must know Fast Growth and Next Gen technology, be able to articulate E2E benefits to our SAP customers, have full command of SAP’s new Delivery methodologies and business approach, and continually lead with a diversity and inclusion mindset as SAP attracts and develops digital talent for the future.
The Principal Project Manager is responsible for supporting our customer’s transformation strategy through the management of cloud, on-premise or hybrid implementation initiatives. Most projects will utilize Agile and rapid prototyping methodologies. The Principal Project Manager has the qualifications and business acumen to manage large scale, high risk, strategic projects that span organizational boundaries including multiple business units and service partners/vendors. They provide leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs to time, budget and project quality criteria. The Principal Project Manager is responsible for the success of assigned projects by ensuring adherence to SAP’s Activate project management methodology and best business practices, provides project manager mentoring, status communication and updates both to the customer and SAP management, performs Project Management Reviews and reinforces the enterprise knowledge management through the communication of lessons learned and best practices development.
The Principal Project Manager assists during the Bid Phase of the customer engagement by providing input into the proposal especially regarding the solution delivery model (e.g. SAP Activate and Agile Delivery methodology and best business practices), project structure, organization, scoping, estimation and risk assessment.
The Principal Project Manager has ability to manage complex projects or programs that require coordination of work between various parties such as: third party sub-contractors, SAP Custom Development, SAP Global Delivery, SAP Active Global Support.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Ensure that the delivery model proposed by the solutioning center will correctly support the defined project objectives and requirements
- Ensure that the scope and estimate of the engagement is correctly captured in the SOW
- Determine required resources for the project
- Assess, document and communicate risk for the engagement
- Position SAP delivery methodology – Activate, Agile, Best Business Practices and Model Company correctly with the customer and project team
- Conduct the project planning activities and manage the execution of large scale, high risk, or strategic projects according to plan (Opportunity Management, Initiating to Closing)
- Evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcome for the customer.
- Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project’s objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
- Ensure proper use of methodology, tools and procedures
- Ensures proper governance is in place to best meet project objectives
- Balance the trade-off of the triple- constraint (time, cost and scope) to realize the expected business value.
- Evaluates strategic options and alternatives for delivering or offering services in a more efficient or cost effective manner.
- Builds customer relationships with the clear expectation to deliver follow-on business or identify opportunities within an account. Deals with difficult issues at the customer and finds win-win solutions for both Customer and SAP.
- Proactively manage all contract terms, including changes in work scope, timeline, and obligations and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders to formalize and administer contract changes.
- Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting and estimate to actual variance.
- Analyze risk, establish contingency plans ad identify trigger events and responsibilities for initiating mitigating action.
- Communicate and/or escalate project issues early to account management and delivery management.
- Determine what constitutes successful closure for all parties. Gain acceptance and sign-off by all parties when closure is attained.
- Plan and execute formal Quality Gate process following the Q-Gate approach in ASAP methodology.
- Proactively manage project stakeholder satisfaction to position and secure customer reference and success story.
- Proven ability to manage fixed price projects
- Proven ability to manage S/4 projects
- Deep implementation experience utilizing Agile and SCRUM methodologies
Coaching and Mentoring
- Organize Agile workshops and ensure team is trained to execute their roles
- Perform Project Management Reviews and mentor project managers on project management methodology, standards and processes.
- Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables to project team; review quality of work and manage integration of team members’ work; provide performance input to project team members’ functional management.
- Takes responsibility from time to time as team lead and supports respective line manager(s) in people development tasks
- Maintain project documentation and updates to relevant knowledge management bases; analyze lessons learned and share with the organization’s project management community.
- Participate in the development of project management best practices.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear concise and tactful communication with senior executive management, clients, peers and team members[BJ1]
- Worked previously in a consulting role with a SAP services provider
- Excellent understanding of SAP digital, cloud, and innovation solutions and of the consulting business processes and functions.
- Highly developed business acumen.
- Liaison and consultative skills: negotiating skills within a context of high political sensitivity and conflicting interests.
- Strong writing, mentoring, decision making, communication, and meeting facilitation skills; ability to utilize a combination of formal authority and persuasion skill sets.
- Ability to train and mentor project managers or teams in project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of the strategic and operational issues of the project management business unit.
- A clear vision of what determines a successful project for the customer and for the enterprise.
- Knowledge of and competency in project management processes including planning tasks, resource allocation, risk management, time management, financial management, HR management, quality management, monitoring and reporting, documenting and record keeping.
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
Requisition ID: 148866