Our Infrastructure Engineering group in Toronto is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our growing team to lead complex Highway Engineering assignments. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing projects and collaborating with other divisions to provide services in Highway Engineering. They will oversee project staff and sub-consultants and provide a leadership role in the Toronto civil engineering department's mandate to build a strong team in this sector. They will be responsible for business development and proposal preparation for highway engineering projects with clients such as Ministry of Transportation of Ontario, 407 ETR Concession Company and municipalities in the GTHA.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of engineering and design groups
- Assure compliance with project schedule, budget and procedures
- Assure the delivery of quality products to clients
- Liaise and coordinate with clients, stakeholders and sub-consultants
- Assign and review work of subordinate staff
- Review and approve project technical documentation, including drawings and specifications
- Establish and maintain client contacts on technical and project administration matters
- Prepare proposals and participate in business developments
- Analyze problems and determine critical factors for investigation
- Organize and conduct investigations and analyses
- Provide expert advice on design processes and/or construction methods
- Participate in the development of new engineering methods and technologies
- Provide technical guidance and training to subordinate staff and co-workers
- Propose staffing solutions, training and development opportunities
- Organize and supervising work of a team of professionals and non-professionals
- Assist Manager of the Roads & Highways group in staff management which may include annual performance evaluation of subordinate staff, budget review and forecast, and staff utilization
- Be accountable for unit deliverables
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario
- Minimum 15 years of experience in highway design in a consultant environment
- Strong organizational skill and proficiency in both oral and written communication in English
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal direction and in an interactive team atmosphere
- Familiar with manuals, design standards and guidelines of Ministry of Transportation Ontario, Transportation Association of Canada, Ontario Provincial Standards and Specifications, and other relevant local requirements
- Experienced in project management, report and proposal writing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Strong working knowledge in AutoCAD, MicroStation, CPS, HiCo and other design software, and related industry tools
- Familiarity with civil engineering design tools such as InRoads, Civil 3D, and BIM is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to independently represent the design team to clients.
- Demonstrated success in gaining regulatory approvals associated with infrastructure projects, including permitting with conservation authorities, road/rail authorities, and Ministry of Environment and Climate Change
- Established relationships and proven track record with clients such as Ministry of Transportation; direct interaction with public sector clients such as Ministry of Transportation of Ontario in pursuing, winning and executing projects to their satisfaction
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin's accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.