What We're Looking For
The time is right to join HNTB! We are seeking a Senior Project Manager specializing in Highway Design to join our fast-paced and growing Transportation team in Maryland.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Participate in and be responsible for business development and sales activities related to the Maryland DOT.
- Develop and maintain client relationships to advance the strategic interests of HNTB.
- Direct and manage entire multidisciplinary design projects and development of deliverables across multiple technical disciplines that respond to project-specific client needs.
- Provide senior-level technical expertise at any point throughout the project life cycle, from planning and conceptual engineering through detailed design and post-design engineering services.
- Coordinate with clients to define work programs and budgets, formulate technical approach; provide leadership in project planning and strategy; and effectively manage projects relative to schedule, budget, and quality of work products.
- Provides guidance to less experiences project managers and engineering design staff to positively influence growth and career development.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated experience in successful pursuit and delivery of highway infrastructure projects for the Maryland Department of Transportation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- PE license in Maryland, or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Experience in traditional and alternative project delivery
What You'll Need
- Actively manages project scope, schedule and budget. Serves as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets and scope of work to completion and to the client's satisfaction.
- Implements the firm's project delivery plan using HNTB's Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project.
- Develops project scope and fee quotation, and assists in the preparation of proposals and contracts.
- Provides oversight and monitoring of work to less experienced project managers. Coordinates work efforts and review work performed. Schedules and manages for integration of quality management during all phases of a project.
- Oversees project staffing with departments, offices and divisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 16 years relevant experience
- 6 years project management experience.