The Project Manager plans, organizes, monitors, and oversees one or more projects to meet the defined requirements, business specifications or program needs in support of the Evolve Program. S/he identifies and requests necessary personnel and financial resources, determining tasks that must be completed, assigning the tasks, delegating authority, and motivating team members to work together for the success of project. The Project Manager is responsible for tracking progress on tasks while comparing it to what was planned. S/he also ensures appropriate management of the customer and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project.
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Defines project success criteria and disseminates them to stakeholders throughout project life cycle.
- Leads the development and management of the project work plan, including work sequencing, work breakdown structure, work delivery schedule, and resource allocation.
- Estimates the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Negotiates with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company, when required.
- Determines and assesses need for additional project team resources.
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Adheres to methods, procedures and quality objectives including metrics for assessing progress and provides recommendations on process improvements.
- Monitors project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule.
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential risks, and devises contingency plans to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost and quality objectives.
- Informs stakeholders of project schedule, risks, and issues or changes to the plans, proactively.
- Provides visibility and status of work units to the customer on a timely basis.
- Builds, develops, and grows any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Sets expectations up front with the stakeholders, especially an understanding of the project risks and opportunities and works closely to understand the plans, impacts, and interfaces.
- Understands and works as needed with Agile project teams
Supervisory or Management Responsibility:
- Coaches, mentors, motivates and supervises project team members and influences them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Provides the resource managers with assessments of the project team members for training plans, bonus reviews, and performance appraisals.
- Builds and maintains productive relationships with vendor personnel from all levels involved during the project life cycle.
- Manages vendors, assigns activities, and coordinates efforts during the development and support of IT solutions. Ensures vendor staff responsibilities are clear and are met. Provides direction, prioritization, and guidance on project activities to meet project targets.
- Tracks and reports project expenses against forecasted budget.
- Anticipates and communicates budget course corrections needed, including an action plan.
- Partners with stakeholders to adjust budget based on agreed upon action plan.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- S. in Computer Science, Business, or related major or equivalent business experience.
- 7+ years of IS / business experience.
- 3+ years of project management or equivalent team leadership experience.
- Proven track record of managing projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (desired).
- Awareness of PMBOK and effective application of project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of PMLC, SDLC, ITIL processes.
- Knowledge of organizational change management principles.
- Knowledge of customer service fundamentals.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from many different disciplines.
- Ability to develop consensus amongst diverse groups.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of project budgeting and accounting
- Knowledge of basic Agile practices and methodologies
- Customer Service
- Building Relationships
- Business Knowledge / Organizational Acumen
- Self-Motivation/Self Starter
- Leading Self and Others