Dexcom, Inc. empowers people to take control of diabetes through innovative continuous glucose monitoring (CGM)
systems. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Dexcom has emerged as a leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of users, caregivers, and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves diabetes management around the world.Summary
Dexcom's Global Facilities Engineering organization is developing our project management discipline and seeking individuals with a strong foundational knowledge in managing facilities related technical projects understanding regulatory compliance and operations and maintenance practices relative to manufacturing in the life sciences industry (preferably from experience with Medical Devices). To be successful in this role one must be highly organized and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and with minimal direction. Additionally, candidates must be able to express experience managing large, complex capital improvement projects in a life sciences industry. Effective communication coupled with strong customer service focus is critical. In this role, you will evaluate and incorporate the needs and vision of various stakeholders into a solution to meet business needs. You will own responsibility for projects and programs from concept through closeout.Functional Description
: Technical Individual Contributors
Manages the development and implementation process of a company's projects. Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products. Monitors the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules, assessing scope, and monitoring budget/spending. Organizes cross-functional activities, monitoring team performance, and ensuring completion of the project i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leadership & delivery projects within the global facility portfolio.
- Contribute to the development of the Facility Engineering Project Delivery function and processes.
- Develops compelling business cases and solutions to complex, fast moving challenges.
- Identifies, recruits & leads teams of project support professionals.
- Develops, implements & upholds effective project & construction management standards to facilitate safe & timely delivery of the major capital project portfolio.
- Identifies & implements regional relationships with strategic partners to facilitate project delivery.
- Oversees all capital project plans, designs, estimates & schedules & for securing budgets to deliver the same.
- Contribute to the development of strategic Facility Master Plans to facilitate capital planning requirements.
- Keeps pace with regional Design & Construction industry trends to identify opportunities & implications for the Dexcom business.
- Interfaces with all other corporate functions & Dexcom Leadership representing Facilities capital projects.
- Mentor and role model for developing project management and engineering staff.
- Plan and Coordinate all aspects of construction processes.
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses.
- Ability to manage projects of complex HVAC design and installation of classified clean room environments.
- Ability to provide regular project updates, reports, and presentations.
- Deep subject matter expertise in capital project design, construction & portfolio management.
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills.
- Experience in managing scope, schedule and budget of large projects.
- Ability to work independently in high pressure, fast moving situations.
- Creative & results focused with a proven track record of implementing solutions for complex business challenges.
- Ability to demonstrate balance between collaborative, team-oriented development and executing on commitments.
- 10+ years' experience as a Project Manager.
- 7+ years' experience working in the Life Sciences industry under regulatory compliance requirements.
Travel: Functional/Business Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in affiliated discipline in Engineering, Design, Project / Construction Management or similar discipline.
- PMP or Prince 2 certification desirable but not mandatory
- Experience with Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc.)
- Possesses broad understanding of technical principles and theories. Ability to synthesize external data and research findings for application that may impact technical objectives.
- Demonstrates successes in technical proficiency and independent thought. Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 5-8 years related experience or Master's degree and 2-5 years equivalent industry experience or a PhD and 0-2 years experience.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.