Our client, a large environmental organization is seeking an experienced Engineering professional to join their team, located in the Northeast, to work in the capacity of Senior Project Manager. The chosen candidate will be responsible for managing project team, delegating to office and field staff, and executing day to day activities of projects. The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated understanding of State and Federal regulations from agencies such as USEPA, US Army Corps of Engineers, and US Fish & Wildlife Service, coupled with a technical expertise with Section 404 and 401 Federal Clean Water Act Regulations.
*Coordinate project tasks and permit preparation to meet deadlines
* Conduct internal and client communications
* Monitor team performance for compliance with contractual agreements and budgets
* Provide business development support
* Prepare proposals and reviewing/writing reports with Principal guidance and review
* Manage project contractual and financial issues (including terms of agreement, changes in scope, billing process)
* Manage and mentor existing staff of project-level engineers
* Conduct/review technical analyses/calculations
* Participate in meetings and agency consultation
* Conduct site compliance inspections
* Prepare environmental analysis documents, such as Storm water Pollution Prevention Plans
Best Industry ? Environment, Energy/Utilities, Renewables
Best Department ? Engineering
Bachelor's Degree in Natural Resources, Environmental Science, Biology, Soils, Ecology, Environmental or Civil Engineering required. Master's Degree is a plus. PWS, CESSWI, CPESC, CPSWQ, PE, CWS designations are a strong plus.
10 or more years of relevant experience in environmental consulting is required.
Demonstrated understanding of State and Federal regulations from agencies such as USEPA, US Army Corps of Engineers, and US Fish & Wildlife Service is required.
Technical expertise with Section 404 and 401 Federal Clean Water Act Regulations is required.
Experience managing and mentoring a team of direct reports and review and evaluate their work while fostering staff growth and development is required.
Ability to collaborate in multi-office, team environment
Experience with financial project management is critical in this role.
Demonstrated delegation, leadership, and team building skills
Experience with Energy Clients is a very strong plus and preferred.
Experience with construction monitoring is a plus
Experience with MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc.) is required.
Strong verbal and written communication skills (Verbal, written and interpersonal) are required.
Experience preparing clear and concise business communication, memoranda, technical reports, proposals and statistical data is required.
Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment and multi-tasking is required.
Up to 25% Local/Regional Travel required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.