GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on building lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to balanced development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
GHD has an opening for a Senior Project Manager for an In-Plant assignment at one of our Lake Charles, Louisiana area client locations. We are seeking a dynamic person to aid in evaluating overall project execution strategy currently in use by our client and work to align processes for ongoing multi-discipline capitalprojects that are in development/funding stages.
- Develop project scope, budgets, and lead execution of ongoing multi-discipline plant capital projects ($25k - $10MM Total Installed Cost Value) for a petrochemicals manufacturing facility.
- Provide technical support and project management to unit operations, maintenance, and others to define the project objectives, scheduling requirements, material specifications, and work you are doing needed to achieve successful project execution.
- Review previous system for corporate engineering standards and protocols for AFE submittals and management of capital expenditures.
- Assess what practices and procedures that can be resurrected/implemented in the current state of operation.
- Provide project management leadership in making practical recommendations in short term prioritization of projects and work to develop improved procedures for project execution.
- Handle and oversee both internal and external engineering anddesign resources to successful completion of project tasks.
- Function as a Project Representative and on behalf of the plant engineering team from initial stages through turnover to operations.
- Work within structure for approved vendors and contractors in the performance of projects and have the ability to research specialty needs and services that are project specific.
- Follow and adhere to all plant site safety and administrative procedures.
- Full Time position located at a Plant Site in the Lake Charles area.
- B.S. degree in Engineering (BSME preferred).
- 15-20 years of project management of multi-discipline projects from chemicals and/or downstream/mid- stream oil & gas sectors.
- Ability to read and interpret project technical information such as PFD's, P&ID's, equipment specifications, and relevant construction drawings.
- Knowledgeable of technical disciplines and industry practices for design and construction.
- Self-starter and highly motivated, with minimum supervision.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite and other desktop programs.
- Background using SAP or other business enterprise software useful.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed for transparent role within plant environment and design team involvement - Physical ability to make field trips to review project details at grade or elevated locations.
- Current TWIC Card desirable
To learn more about why GHD is the perfect place to bring your career check out our website www.ghd.com As a multicultural organization, we support individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.