GHD has an opening for a Sr. Project Manager for an In-Plant assignment at one of our Lake Charles, Louisiana area client locations.
We are seeking a dynamic person to aid in evaluating overall project execution strategy currently in use by our client and work to align processes for ongoing multi-discipline capital projects that are in development/funding stages.
- Develop project scope, budgets, and lead execution of ongoing multi-discipline plant capital projects ($25k - $10MM Total Installed Cost Value) for a petrochemicals manufacturing facility.
- Provide technical support and project management to unit operations, maintenance, and others to define the project objectives, scheduling requirements, material specifications, and deliverables needed to achieve successful project execution.
- Review previous system for corporate engineering standards and protocols for AFE submittals and management of capital expenditures.
- Assess what practices and procedures that can be resurrected/implemented in the current state of operation.
- Provide project management leadership in making practical recommendations in short term prioritization of projects and work to develop improved procedures for project execution.
- Handle and coordinate both internal and external engineering and design resources to successful completion of project tasks.
- Function as a Project Representative and on behalf of the plant engineering team from initial stages through turnover to operations.
- Work within structure for approved vendors and contractors in the performance of projects and have the ability to research specialty needs and services that are project specific.
- Follow and adhere to all plant site safety and administrative procedures.
- Full Time position located at a Plant Site in the Lake Charles area.
- BS in Engineering (BSME preferred).
- 15-25 years of project management of multi-discipline projects from chemicals and/or downstream/mid- stream oil & gas sectors.
- Must be able to read and interpret project technical information such as PFD’s, P&ID’s, equipment specifications, and relevant construction drawings.
- Knowledgeable of technical disciplines and industry practices for design and construction.
- Self-starter and highly motivated, with minimum supervision.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite and other desktop programs.
- Background using SAP or other business enterprise software useful.
- Strong organizational and communication skills needed for visible role within plant environment and design team involvement
- Physical ability to make field trips to review project details at grade or elevated locations.
- Must be US Citizen and have current TWIC Card.