General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to support our Hypersonic Weapons program team with the research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E) of advanced hypersonic systems and prototypes in our Huntsville, AL facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create project plan(s) and manage resources to ensure project schedule, budget, quality, and specification goals are attained.
- Oversee and monitor project schedule, timelines, and milestones from initiation to delivery to meet delivery goals.
- Coordinate departmental and/or cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products and/or services.
- Work closely with Strategic Development and customer organizations to develop and maintain strategic plans and customer relationships
- Perform executive level communications as needed
- Develop and track project plans for programs of record to include resource loading, schedules, budgets, forecasts, and status reports.
- Author subcontractor Statements of Work and manage subcontractor performance.
- Manage risk, identify and resolve issues, and expand the current business by identifying and winning new business opportunities.
- Assign and monitor work of project management staff, providing technical support and direction when necessary.
- Interpret and administer policies, processes and procedures that impact project(s).
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Collaborate across management and project team to expand services and potential business opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and other regulations.
- Identify and assess project issues and develop solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership, direction, and guidance to employees working on assigned project. Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Interpret and administer policies and procedures that impact project(s).
- Lead segments of or provide overall management for the request for proposal (RFP) process to generate new business.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors in Business Administration or related discipline and eleven or more years of progressively complex experience in the project administration field with at least five of those years in project management. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- An advanced technical degree is desired.
- Experience with program or cost account management on Government EVMS (Earned Value Management) contracts is preferred.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of project management processes and procedures, planning and scheduling methods, and budget management as well as the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones and budgets.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to initiate, plan and manage projects; (2) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of non-routine issues of diverse scope and nature; (3) strong analytical, communication, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills; and, (4) the ability to work independently and lead in a team environment.
- PMP certification is desired.
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance is required with the ability to upgrade to Top Secret.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required
Job ID#: 23322BR