The Senior Project Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling Strategic and High Priority IS&T projects specifically in the digital space (data, web, mobile). Projects will be executed utilizing Foot Locker’s Project Methodology based on Agile principles and the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Standards. The Senior Project Manager (PM) is also responsible for coaching and mentoring project managers that are reporting directly to the Sr. PM.
Task and Schedule Management: The Senior Project Manager is expected to be able to create written plans to manage and track tasks across multiple initiatives. When planning the work, the Senior Project Manager must use their technical knowledge, as well as, solicit input from the technical staff, business units and other IS&T support areas to assure the timeframes and expectations are realistic. It is expected that the Senior Project Manager will develop resource plans necessary to complete projects and work with the Managers to provide those resources.
Communication: It is expected that the Senior Project Manager frequently polls the project team for status of activities, providing that status to IS&T management in a timely and accurate manner, while reviewing the tasks to ensure completeness, validity of results and compliance with Foot Locker Project methodology. Interface with the users to ensure all involved are aware of status and potential issues. Develop a positive partnership with the user community. Any issues that could or will impact the overall project milestones need to be communicated immediately.
Accountability: It is required that the associates assigned to project tasks understand what they are to do, what their priorities are and that they are accountable to complete the tasks with a high degree of quality within the timeframes established. Unacceptable levels of performance must be communicated to appropriate management. Ensure that the users you interact with are accountable for their actions and decisions that impact these projects.
Leadership: Senior Project Managers are expected to be a true leader for their project staff and subordinate team. Establish the vision for the project team as it relates to achieving the goals and objectives of the Project Sponsor and the company. Be proactive in anticipating and securing the resources needed to achieve the established goals and objectives.
- Develop project plans to minimize cost and implementation risks
- Provide communication, documentation and everyday management of projects, while ensuring that all risks, timelines, budget and scope are managed
- Initiate, plan, execute, monitor/control and close projects
- Perform quality assurance and risk management
- Project budget and scheduling estimation and management
- Manage project team members
- Manage direct reports
- Provide coaching and mentoring to other Project Managers
- Contribute to the overall Project Management Community of Practice
- Engage with stakeholders and manage internal, external and third party relationships
- Conduct status review meetings with team members and clients
- Provide reports and documentation on project stage and progress
- Perform other duties as assigned
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilitiesrequired. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties pending on the needs of the business.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, and/or related field
- Requires a minimum of 7years related work experience, with at least 5years of experience in a project management role, specifically in the digital space (data, web, mobile), retail company experience a plus.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Project
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills