Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution, and delivery of large business projects and programs to include the definition of project charters, budgets, and measures as well as developing project structures and ensuring proper operations turnover to the business.
- Responsible for managing business (non-IS) projects to implement or enhance a wide range of business processes, which span a number of disciplines, as is and to be flows, requirements, solutioning, process improvement, change management, and information management.
- Serve as an expert in the domain of project and program management.
- Facilitate the day-to-day coordination of projects while adhering to standards and sponsor expectations while ensuring requirements are met.
- Responsible for tracking project status and managing project issues and risks to include financial analysis, evaluation of progress/quality/costs, developing action plans to address gaps throughout project life cycle, adherence to compliance processes, dependency management and problem resolution.
- Responsible for building and leading effective project teams, including building strong sponsor, stakeholder, vendor, customer, and team relationships while prioritizing projects and managing resources.
- Provide guidance and oversight of projects, programs and strategy discussions.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- 6 plus years’ project management and financeexperience
- Experience with different Finance and / or Actuarial domains (general accounting, internal financialreporting, regulatory reporting, reserves, etc.).
- Experience managing large projects and programs with over $2 million in internal labor cost.
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to define issues, business/technology needs, and implement solutions.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new business and technology.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Experience with project management and change management methodologies (Agile preferred).
- Experience with different technology and domains (mainframe, client server, web, portal, new development, infrastructure, server, etc).
- Ability to manage projects across technologies, domains, and business functions (SBU's).
- Bachelors in related field of study (Business Administration/Finance/Accounting/Management Information Systems)
- Ability to use problem solving, critical thinking skills, and independent thinking to overcome challenges.
- Ability toapplythe following skills:
- Interpersonal - effective verbal and written communication skills, resolves conflicts and effectively negotiates issue resolution, establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships, and displays strong facilitation skills.
- Leadership- advocates and leads change, supports team building, recognizes contributions and celebrates accomplishments.
- Professional - understands and executes corporate project management processes and industry best practices which include, but are not limited to, building and executing a project plan, monitoring and controlling project work, managing scope, managing resources, ensuring quality control, maintaining effective communication with team and all stakeholders, managing risk, and monitoring and controlling project costs.
- Partnership - demonstrates customer focus and knowledge of product, functional and operational processes.
- Bachelors in related field of study (Business Administration / Finance / Accounting / Management Information Systems)
- C.A.P.M (Certified Associate in Project Management)
- P.M.P. (Project Management Professional)
- C.S.P (Certified Scrum Practitioner)
- PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner)
- C.S.M. (Certified Scrum Master)
- Continuing professional education related to Accountancy or Actuarial Science
- Industry knowledge and application (4-7 business partners, use of 8+ systems)
Job no: 495663