Reporting to the Director of Facilities, with a matrix reporting relationship to the SAMC Chief Financial Officer and Trinity system VP of Fixed Assets, this position is responsible for overseeing and managing facility projects through the budgeting, planning, design, and construction phases, in coordination with the Director of Facilities Management. The incumbent provides systematic planning and scheduling, cost tracking and budget control, and project status communication. The incumbent serves as Saint Agnes' representative to architects, engineers, and contractors for the assigned projects and supervises their work. He/she approaches each project by developing a collaborative team of stakeholders, consulting departments, outsourced consultants, and other stakeholders required to ensure a successful project. The incumbent develops and leads the project scope, schedule, and budget. He/she actively participates in the capital budgeting process for all requests, coordinating between colleagues and departments to ensure a complete and accurate scope, schedule, and budget for all requests. This position will also be responsible for communication and coordination of project milestones.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related field is required.
2. At least seven years of progressive experience in facilities project management including planning, coordination, and supervision of facilities design and construction is required. Previous healthcare experience is preferred.
3. Proficiency with computer-based spreadsheet, word processing, and project management software is required.
4. Experience in administration of projects in the $1 to $50 million dollar range, including capital budgeting, establishing cost tracking controls, progress monitoring, and reporting to management, is required
5. Demonstrated leadership experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams involving various levels of the organization is required.
6. Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
7. Effective interpersonal skills are required.
8. Ability to gather information, appropriately evaluate, and make rational decisions is required.
9. Experience with OSHPD is preferred.