PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Manage Information Technology projects consisting of cross-functional teams involving multiple IT disciplines and areas including contract resources. Responsible for managing project scope, schedule, budget. Leads project teams through business case / funding approval process, initiation, execution and project closeout in accordance with IT Management Model and PMI standards. These projects have budgets that will typically range from $250K to $15 million.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Accountable for creating, developing and maintaining project artifacts, ensures compliance with Exelon IT OCIO project management methodology, tools, and artifact, including but not limited to full life cycle documentation requirements, project plans, charter, resource forecasts, change control, RAID tracking and project control documents.
- Be responsible for facilitating successful project delivery including the planning, scheduling, execution, and closing of projects. Be able to perform independently with minimal supervision of the principal project manager.
- Proved extensive experience with project budget management, finance health, resource utilization, and budget spend. Identify, monitor and forecast all financials associated with the project, including labor resources, vendor cost, software, hardware, and travel on the monthly basis.
- Experience with ServiceNow Portal (PPM, Workbench, Cost) is a big plus. Or similar experience with Clarity (Open Workbench).
- Primary communicator with the sponsor and key stakeholders on project issues, including executive level and interdepartmental presentations. Ensures a good working relationship between the project team, internal resources, vendors/partners and interfacing organizations.
- Prior experience with Waterfall, or SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects, may include Finance, HR, Supply, and Corporate applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to efficiently manage competing demands.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related discipline and 8 - 10 years project management experience.
- PMP is strongly preferred. CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management) is required by Exelon to be considered for this position.
- Demonstrated and documented success at managing projects.
- Ability to work independently and as a team leader including the ability to handle conflicting priorities in a multi task environment.
- Demonstrated strong independent judgment skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and time management skills.