Senior Project Manager - (207860)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Manage Information Technology projects consisting of cross-functional teams involving multiple IT disciplines and areas including contract resources. Responsible for managing the scope, schedule, budget projects and programs.
- Leads project teams through business case / funding approval process, initiation, execution and project closeout in accordance with IT Management Model and PMI standards. These projects have budgets that will typically range from $250K to $15 million. The initial project this candidate will be assigned is to implement a Transmission Switching system which will converge BGE, PECO and PHI on a common platform. Other utility specific life cycle projects and convergence projects will be assigned to the resource over the duration of the role.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible and accountable for overall project performance for projects, subprojects, processes, new technology programs, information technology and organizational initiatives.
- Ensures project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits.
Interface with external and internal stakeholders to coordinate project requirements.
- Primary communicator with the sponsor and key stakeholders on project issues, including executive level and interdepartmental presentations.
- Ensures a good working relationship between the project team, internal resources, vendors and interfacing organizations.
- Coaches and leads team members to ensure completion of assigned tasks.
- Identify and obtain project team resources.
- Ensures project team members understand their respective responsibilities.
- The Project Manager is an individual contributor accountable for project budgets, team performance and developing strategic plans to implement projects for various organizations. Responsibilities also include managing scope, budget and schedule within approved parameters and providing structured and detailed reports to the appropriate Management team. Tasks include but are not limited to, ensuring the completion of business cases, budgetary approvals, project scheduling, design and engineering tasks, vegetation management reviews, project reporting, project financial analysis, major equipment procurement, environmental analysis, obtaining real estate and relationship management with external customers, vendors, townships and regulatory agencies. Interacts routinely with key internal and external stakeholders including senior management, the Business customers, and governmental and regulatory officials.
- This resource will be a project manager of Real Time projects that are utility specific IT life cycle projects or Utility Real Time convergence projects. The initial project this resource will be responsible for is to converge BGE, PECO and PHI on a common Transmission Switching application. This position will require traveling to various Exelon locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Informational Systems or Computer Science or related discipline and 5 - 8years project management or related experience,
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or achieve CAPM within two years of job entry (PMP certification will fulfill this requirement)
- Demonstrated and documented success at managing projects.
- Ability to work independently and as a team leader including the ability to handle conflicting priorities in a multi task environment
- Demonstrated strong independent judgment skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Master’s degree in Project Management, Informational Systems or Computer Science (or advanced technical degree) or Business Administration
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience or knowledge of the specific functional area or discipline (e.g., Real Time Systems, Finance, Supply, HR or other Nuclear, Utility, Commercial Retail or Corporate functional areas)