To define, organize, plan, direct and execute the majority of the capital projects at the Galena site. To ensure that the work is completed according to accepted engineering practices, governmental regulations and to the standards of quality expected by Evonik and within budget and schedule constraints. To generate, direct, and approve mechanical designs, specifications, drawings and instructions vital to the development and purchasing of equipment necessary to satisfactorily operate the plant. To manage the contractors working on capital projects.
Direct preparation of the front-end engineering documentation required and capital appropriation requests.
Develop project estimates for the basic and detailed engineering phases. Based on workload this can be done internally or through directing an outside engineering firm.
Coordinate the engineering activities within the project team, the involved departments and outside companies. Resolve all technical questions during the execution of the project.
- Develop project schedule. Direct and control the internal and external resources and organization of the project team in order to meet project scope and schedule.
- Generate, direct and approve designs, specifications, drawing and instructions with emphasis on lowest possible investment cost and efficient and safe plant operability.
- Responsible for maintaining original project scope and monitoring the capital expenditure during the project to ensure that the project stays within budget.
- BachelorDegree or higher in engineering with a minimum of 10 years chemical plant experience including 5 years of project experience.
- The majority of the incumbents time is spent managing, organizing and controlling multiple concurrent projects by supervising and directing engineers, lead designers and construction personnel as well as outside engineering and/or construction firms. Experience in the supervision of others and good leadership skills is important for this position.
- Strong communication and organization skills are important for this position to be able to understand and influence the opinions of others.
- The incumbent must possess a broad based knowledge of engineering fundamentals, manufacturing, operations, standard industry practices, regulatory issues as well as cost and schedule management as they relate to capital investments in the Process Industry.
- Must be able assess and prioritize complex situations, and delegate tasks within the project team to maximize the efficiency of the construction work.
- Able to cope with the stress of working several projects concurrently and dealing with the critical deadlines.