Plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated technical and business projects, to ensure that goals are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
Develops, manages and coordinates project plans of different degrees of complexity. Specifies goals, strategy, staffing, work breakdown, scheduling, budget, identification of risks, contingency plans and allotment of resources for each phase of the project. Formulates and defines scope and objectives of project for project personnel. This is a 6-month contract position with a potential for future direct hire.
Essential Job Duties and Tasks
· Develops project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans and allotment of resources for each phase of the project.
· Formulates and defines technical scope and objectives of project for project personnel.
· Manages activities of team members to perform analysis of business requirements to determine technical design and produce the required design documentation.
· Establishes standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
· Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
· Coordinates recruitment and assignment of project personnel.
· Assigns duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel.
· Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
· Manages and monitors the work of the team, to ensure that the team focuses on high priority items, while promoting teamwork.
· Coordinates and responds to requests for changes from original specifications.
· Questions designs and/or procedures to enhance the quality of the application and/or process for building the application.
· Demonstrates accountability for the results of the team.
· Implements metrics to track team performance against schedule expectations and budget
· Develops and maintains technical and project documentation.
· Prepares project status reports and keep management, clients, and others informed of project status and related issues.
· Monitors project results against technical specifications.
· Identifies and raises issues or deviations from the functional requirements.
· Adheres to migration execution planning methodology.
· Ensures the creation of test plans.
· Ensures execution of unit and string tests (as needed) on new/modified code, by following the specified test plan and verifying the expected results.
· Directs application /solution testing.
· Captures best practices for use in future projects.
· Completes project reviews.
· Obtains, through customer satisfaction and acceptance testing, project signoff of completion.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or related discipline or a combination of education and experience that provides the applicant with knowledge equivalent to a major in such fields.
Work Experience Required:
· Minimum of 5 years (in excess of degree requirements stated above) of progressively responsible experience in project management.
· Experience with Microsoft Project Online (preferred) or Microsoft Project Server.
· Experience managing IT projects required.
· Experience managing both waterfall and agile projects required.
· Project management experience in the electric utility industry preferred.
Valid through: 12/8/2021