The Senior Project Manager is a contract position ending in June 2018. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for project managing strategic business initiatives, scope, time and costs, quality, communications, risk and procurement management functions.
Candidates are expected to possess a strong understanding of project management process groups and knowledge areas. Candidates are expected to have knowledge of and experience with best practices in IT or Business Operations for their area of domain expertise.
Project managers are primarily responsible for multiple projects, for the successful outcome of the project meeting its objectives, and for all of the project management activities and deliverables required to achieve the project’s objectives. Project managers must have excellent communications skills, must be well organized and exhibit excellent follow-up and follow-through skills. The Senior Project Manager is expected to regularly manage multiple complex projects or programs concurrently.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing assigned projects utilizing all of the nine Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) knowledge areas. The PM is expected to have competency in all nine areas and exhibitmastery in at least of the six areas. In addition, PMs are expected to bring domain area knowledge to each project.
- Project Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Executing and managing PMO processes that supportother project managers, project management processes, standards andtemplates
- Incorporation of project management best practices into PMO templates, standards and processes
- Working to facilitate IT resource management processes including the RAF and Capacity Planning processes
- Participating in the demand management process including work estimation and project budget planning
- Participating in planning for the annual planning process
- Other “BASE” PMO process work as required
- Strong knowledge of Project Management knowledge areas as defined by the Project Management Institute in the Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Knowledge and competency in the project schedule building process, including techniques for estimation, developing contingency and management reserve, PERT, CPM and critical chain
- Ability to build and manage a team of people for the purpose of effectively managing a project.
- Experience in mortgage banking OR domain area knowledge relevant to the target project space should include knowledge of at least one but preferably more of the following: software development, software quality assurance testing, software technical specification development, data center build out, IT disaster recovery, high availability architecture implementation, data warehouse development, packaged software implementation
- Strong organization skills with ability to negotiate and build a culture of continuous improvement.
- Advanced problem solving abilities and capabilities of handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and communicate with multiple levels, ability to build consensus on key strategic initiatives.
- Knowledge of resource management, resource acquisition, resource effort estimation, resource leveling and project resource cost planning and tracking
- Basic understanding and knowledge of the typical RFP process from the initial solution scope, to RFI, RFP, evaluation and selection, contract negotiation, contract administration and closeout
- Key Attributes: Confidentiality, Honest, Integrity, Open and Approachable, Flexible, Self Confident, Self Aware, Team Player oriented.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience as a project manager on modern, large-scale, component-based enterprise projects using iterative and incremental SDLC processes OR experience as a lead project manager on modern, large-scale, infrastructure projects involving high availability, disaster recovery and data center virtualization
- Experience in planning, organizing, leading, and facilitating cross-functional, matrix organized teams.
- Technical certifications (PMI’s PMP, SEI’s CMM, Six Sigma, Microsoft’s MSF, Java, BEA WebLogic) a plus.
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall environments preferred. Agile certifications (CSM, CSP) a plus.
- Excellent skills with MS Project, MS Excel for the use of planning, tracking project details and presenting data to stakeholders, MS PowerPoint for the purpose of communicating project information in presentation format
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organization, follow-up and follow-through skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience with an enterprise project portfolio management tool (Daptiv, Clarity, Microsoft EPM)
- Experience using and complying with a formal set of project management standards, templates and processes
Other Position Parameters:
- A significant understanding of the critical performance measurements to evaluate operational effectiveness and customer satisfaction performance. In addition, the skill and experience to continually evaluate and improve performance against these measures.
- A working knowledge of back-office processes, systems and e-commercetechnologies along with a grasp of trends and the direction of emerging technologies.
- A fundamental understanding of the “numbers” is critical encompassing budgeting, financial planning, capital justification, resource allocation, cost analysis, etc. P&L and balance sheet insight and or experience are desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, Project, Power Point
Prior Work Experience:
- 10-15years of related work experience.
Education and Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.