The Senior Project Manager position, will be primarily responsible for Nemours Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) initiative to meet the business's needs. This individual will be responsible for planning, scheduling, and controlling projects and advancing strategic initiatives to meet the identified business case and performance objectives. As Senior Project Manager, he/she works collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure assigned portfolios and/or projects meet the stakeholder's requirements. This individual proactively identifies issues, risks, barriers and challenges, and clearly thinks through, and communicates potential solutions for resolution. He/she will work with initiative sponsors, project team members and senior leadership throughout the enterprise to build positive professional relationships, and model the Nemours Standards of Behaviors.
As capacity allows, this individuals responsibilities will shift to managing multiple, complex projects outside of the ERP through all phases of the project management lifecycle, including managing multiple complex strategic portfolios.
- Successfully completed an ERP project in his or her portfolio.
- This is a highly visible position with substantial impact, it is essential that this individual has a distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills.
- Manages complex strategic portfolios, programs, or projects using the appropriate project management processes, tools and techniques.
- Through the use of appropriate project management processes, tools, and techniques, including waterfall, hybrid, and Agile methodologies, drives assigned portfolios and projects to successful implementation- from initiation through closing.
- Effectively manages all project phases with accountability for multiple deliverables. Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
- Delivers high quality value added strategic portfolio, programs and projects, which meet the identified goals and objectives, and are the result of excellent planning, implementation and organizational skills.
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within the agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Takes initiative, and is self-directed, while thriving in a setting requiring collaboration and teamwork for maximal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively respond to time sensitive issues, meet deadlines, and manage shifting priorities, in a timely and thorough manner.
- Keen attention to details, and ensures follow through on all portfolio and project related activities.
- Creates and utilizes the appropriate tools and techniques to ensure Executive sponsors and project stakeholders are appropriately engaged and informed about the portfolio's and project's status, issues, risks, barriers and/or challenges. Uses the established escalation mechanisms to identify, document, and seek resolution on major issues, risks, along with a willingness to go above and beyond to resolve issues.
- Works well in a balanced matrix organization with functional managers and project team members to define work packages, estimate effort, determine resource capacity, and establish consensus on project activities.
- Additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned from time to time by employee's supervisor.
- Develops management plans for complex portfolios, programs, and projects for implementation by other project managers
- Sets professional development goals and works to attain them through independent study and/or formal portfolio, program and project management training and education including Agile and Lean methodologies.
- A divergent thinker who contributes ideas and participates in open discussions regarding new ideas and opportunities to improve Project Management across Nemours.
- Teaches, coaches, and mentors ESPMO and non-ESPMO project managers and/or those tasked with managing projects.
- Serves as a portfolio, program or project management subject matter expert or resource, as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
- Promotes continuous process improvement and project delivery efficiency.
- Builds and works to maintain positive relationships at all levels across Nemours.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to objectively tailor messages to varying individuals and audiences.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to focus detailed, concentrated effort on multiple projects and re-establish priorities, as necessary.
- Has the necessary technical, leadership, strategic and business management expertise to successfully move people, processes, and projects forward.
- Ability to provide project teams with direction, motivate people to perform, to leverage separate realities, provide feedback, and set expectations.
- Good problem solving and decision making abilities. Has a passion about solving problems and recommending solutions.
- Ability to learn quickly, apply knowledge to activities and continuously improve.
- A Bachelor's degree is required as well as 5 years or prior experience
- Knowledge of healthcare
- Knowledge of Agile project management principles and experience managing project teams utilizing Agile
- Formal project management training and Project Management Professional certification from the Project Management Institute required