TE Connectivity’s Engineering Project Management Teams manage cross functional engineering projects. They work with Product Management, Sales, Quality, Manufacturing, Finance, and other functions across TE to assure projects meet financial, schedule and customer expectations. They are responsible for defining and creating project schedules, portfolio management, communication and execution of programs, identifying resource constraints and working with management for resolution, while adhering to LeanPD processes.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Total ownership of one or more cable or cable assembly product development projects in the Data and Devices organization.
- Unite the Core Team toward a common objective
- Owns the project schedule and team effort to create the P&L
- Achieve product cost that meets the “Middle of S Curve” competitive cost target
- Manage resources
- Ensure the project is “staffed for success”
- Negotiate with functional managers and Project Approval Committee (PAC) to alleviate resource constraints as needed
- Coach and assist the Core Team Members in their professional development
- Serve as focal point for the project
- Meet with external customers on an as needed basis to communicate project status and discuss issues related to the project.
- Document meeting minutes and action logs associated with customer meetings.
- Communicate with internal customer to ensure that they are aware of projects affecting them and understand what is needed from them.
- Communicate with senior management
- Build a coalition of support
- Ensure that their concerns are being addressed
- "Discipline the System"
- Ensure that the team is operating according to the development process
- Keep people focused on what matters to the success of the project
- Be proactive, get things done, take action
- Resolve conflict and controversial issues
- Passion to succeed, Energy to motivate teams, Perseverance when challenges arise
- Proven skills in leading, developing, and managing projects and/or teams
- Experienced using MS Project / TE Project software application
- Understanding of business justification expectations, P&L statements
- Demonstrated ability to create effective project plans
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes related to connector products
- Ability to anticipate problems and resolve them before they become significant issues
- Presentation skills for internal management review and external customers updates
- Project management expertise to drive time to market balanced with commitment to quality
- Ability to manage uncertainty
- A conceptual thinker with strong attention to detail
- Understand design for manufacturability (DFM)
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering is preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation