You're all about the big picture. While everybody else is focused on their separate responsibilities, you've got an eye on the end goal, and have a detailed plan for how we will meet these goals. Others look up to you; they know that you have the experience and provide them with the support they need to take on any challenges. As a mentor, you're pleased when everyone is moving in the same direction, and you are available to step up and be the best advocate for your team. You have strong communication skills, and you use those skills to make sure your team remains to engage and the clients happy, you enjoy helping your team members develop and grow their career while providing the clients with the best solutions and trained staff. You love leading people and thrive, knowing that they can rely on you. You are keen to take on some of the most exciting projects and to be part of a winning international team. You will get to work and display your skill with colleagues on a local, national and international stage.
- You will work directly with the Senior Director - Buildings, work independently and with minimal supervision
- You will maintain WSP's position as the top buildings engineering firm within the local market.
- You will support and mentor staff in improving the client relationships, quality of our work and service to our clients.
- You will find and develop opportunities, strategizes, leads and assists in business development efforts within the geographic region
- You pursue and maintain opportunities with new and key clients
- You will be responsible to continuously monitors the financial performance of the department and takes remedial/corrective actions as required to meet or exceed financial targets
- You will participate in attracting hires and retains highly qualified staff
- You will mentor staff performance and provides training and development opportunities for staff
- You will organize career development and performance evaluations of staff under your management.
- You will ensure compliance with all staff within the department with WSP policies, practices, procedures and protocols.
- You will develop and implement design and production standards related to our Electrical engineering practice.
- You hold a membership with the Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario.
- You bring a total of 12+ years in of experience in the engineering consulting industry
- You are ready to take on more management responsibilities, such as developing a team of engineers and technologists.
- You have excellent communication, time management, multitasking, and most important people skills.
- You are capable of functioning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- You currently hold or able to obtain a secret level security clearance
- You can effectively handle multiple conflicting priorities simultaneously
- You enjoy working in a professional work environment with clients.