ERM is seeking Senior Project Manager - Electric Power Distribution and Transmission projects in the Northern, CA area. This is a one-year opportunity to provide project management oversight for a portfolio of utility construction projects with an emphasis on electric distribution and transmission projects. This position is responsible for project success through all phases of the project lifecycle, including initiating, planning, executing, controlling and ultimately closing the project profitably. Success in this role will include resolving issues, managing resources and subcontractors, project coordination, communicating project progress with clients, oversight of project accounting, training, mentoring and coaching.
• Manage a portfolio of electric power distribution upgrade and fire hardening projects within the project scope, budget, and schedule. Technical/regulatory issues may involve civil and electrical engineering, permitting, drilling, and soil excavation/grading/disposal.
• Provide on-going support, analysis, progress measurement and troubleshooting on the schedule over the life of the project, including schedule optimization to meet critical delivery dates.
• Review scope of work and contract documents to define work streams and activities. Support project team in establishing an appropriate Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), key work flow, activity sequencing and development of milestones.
· Provide leadership and clear direction to project teams.
· Identify the critical path and long lead activities to meet completion deadlines.
· Work with project teams to create project budgets, establishing WBS, cost control and budget templates.
· Manage and pursue all changes by continuously monitoring scope of work, ensuring changes are fully reviewed, and incorporating approved changes into the cost and schedule forecast.
· Develop job estimates, and documentation in support of job estimates, including working papers, project descriptions and project economics summaries in support of rate case filings or testimony to the California Public Utilities Commission
· Manage preliminary, engineering, feasibility studies, environmental reviews, engineering, estimating and other functions in support of project objectives.
• Support Partners and Client Project Managers in implementing project reporting and dashboards, ensuring these tools are fully implemented, well analyzed and effectively reported in accordance to client project management procedures.
• Build strong collaborative relationships with the client teams, ERM employees, and subcontractors. Coordinate with multiple disciplines, such as estimating, construction, environmental, operations, maintenance, land and right of way, and public relations.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering (electrical and civil preferred), project management, or construction management.
• 7 to 12 years of relevant experience in project or construction management with emphasis on utility electric distribution, transmission, and gas construction projects.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred. PE desirable
• Experience with successful delivery of large-scale and/or complex projects and strong team leadership skills.
• Electrical transmission and distribution line experience preferred.
• Understanding of planning and scheduling techniques including earned-value management.
• Familiarity with Primavera P6 and demonstrated proficiency withcritical-path-methodology schedule planning.
• Good client interaction and presentation skills.
• Microsoft Office experience, including strong proficiency in Excel.
• Excellent influencing and coaching skills.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
• Availability to work 40 hours/week on-site at client facility in Santa Rosa, Auburn, Sacramento, San Francisco Bay Area, Fresno, or other Northern California Locations