Leading Web Services and E-Commerce company seeking a full-time Senior Project Manager to complement our growing team in Annapolis, Maryland. NIC Maryland, a subsidiary of eGovernment firm NIC Inc. (NASDAQ: EGOV) develops online and mobile applications for Maryland state and local government entities.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated candidate who thrives in a fast paced environment to join our team as a Project Manager. This position will oversee the management of new leading edge Web/mobile/e-commerce applications and services as they move from client concept to launch. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work witha team of highly versatile and talented project managers, developers, designers and agency partners.
The best qualified candidates will have at least five years of real world project management and business analyst experience.
Familiarity with Web applications and Internet technology, strong communication and writing skills are a must. A strong work ethic, a great attitude, and dedication to success are expected. Our team members are self-motivated professionals who enjoy the challenge of implementing project management and business solutions in a high-pressure, client-services entrepreneurial environment.
Who we are:
Our growing Maryland team is dynamic, energetic and brings a wealth of experience to our NIC partner agencies. Our mission is to knock the socks off our Maryland clients as well as the citizens they serve. To do this we need a rock star Project Manager to keep the hundreds of moving parts going full steam ahead in perfect unison.
We are a premier provider of Internet-based, electronic government services that help government entities use the Internet to reduce costs and provide a higher level of service to businesses and citizens. We contract with governments and design, build and operate Internet-based portals on their behalf. We build websites, web and mobile applications for government portals allowing businesses and citizens to access information and complete transactions such as applying for permits or renewing licenses online. NIC’s unique business model allows us to reduce our government clients' financial and technology risks and obtain revenue by sharing in the fees generated by electronic services.
Our government partners benefit from a centralized, manageable, customer-focused presence on the Internet. Businesses and citizens benefit from faster, more convenient and cost-effective interactions with government.
- Responsible for writing project proposals, performing business analysis and defining project scope, establishing and documenting system requirements, system testing, and other related project management duties
- Ability to utilize business analysis skills to understand customer needs and project requirements
- Establish project milestones based on the design and scope of work
- Responsible for writing technical requirements and all aspects of project documentation
- Develop trusted relationships with our state government partners, at all levels of the project team from front-linecustomer service staff to department directors
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders as necessary to ensure desired project progression
- Initiate, direct and lead project meetings, prepare reports, maintain schedules and cost plans, manage and control for risks, and all other aspects of the project from inception through delivery
- Execute necessary project management methodology to ensure project success
- Development of test plans and materials to ensure quality project deliverables
- Work within framework of strategic marketing plan and portal business plan
- Development of training plans and materials to ensure a smooth and successful implementation
- May assist the Director of Project Management with special projects related to the overall PMO team or portal operations
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, information systems, business, computer science or equivalent workexperience in project management
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification is preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in project management, with a preference for experience in implementing web-based applications
- Desire and ability to work in fast-paced, highly flexible and entrepreneurial environment
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Ability to understand and evaluate a variety of technologies and platforms
- Ability to analyze business processes and develop a practical, usable and useful system to support them
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Visio; Atlassian software a plus
- Track record of delivering high quality projects on time and on budget to satisfied customers
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills including strong written and verbal abilities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment to ensure timely follow-up and follow-through
- Must be self-motivated and proactive
- Competitive compensation program
- No-cost group medical/dental insurance
- Stock purchase plan
- Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Company wellness program
- Casual and fun office environment
- Paid State holidays and vacation
- Tuition reimbursement