As a Senior Project Manager for Education in our Los Angeles office, you will direct and manage education projects to achieve client satisfaction in accordance with the firm’s vision statement and policies. This position requires experience in the education market in California, particularly higher education. In addition to managing specific projects, you will help the firm identify and win selected new projects in education. Your assignments will be varied and complex, and you will have the opportunity to make independent decisions while representing the firm and achieving client satisfaction.
As a Senior Project Manager you will:
• Direct and manage education projects.
• Help the firm grow its portfolio of projects in the education market in Southern California.
• Understand project scope and articulate a pathway for project success.
• Understand the client’s goals and expectations.
• Direct multi-disciplinary design team.
• Communicate with the client, our design team, construction contractors, agencies, and other project stakeholders to achieve project success for all.
• Develop project scope of work, as needed.
• Assist in preparing project proposals by developing strategies and performing technical writing.
• Assist in preparing project work plans including activities schedules, staffing plans, fee estimates, cost projections, etc.
• In concert with our Director of Operations, assist is establishing project budgets, communicate and distribute budgets, manage and control budgets.
• In concert with our Director of Operations, request staff allocations that will successfully fulfill the requirements of the project.
• Convey client and firm expectations to all project team members.
This position is based in Los Angeles and will leverage the education resources of the Los Angeles office of LEO A DALY, as well asother offices within the firm. Your supervisor will be our Director of Operations in Los Angeles. You will also work directly with our Managing Principal, Director of Business Development and Director ofHealthcare in Los Angeles and our National Director ofHealthcare.
• BS/BA Degree in Architecture, 15years professional experience in the education, and registration as an Architect in CA
• Proven project management skills and experience in higher education.
• Experience with UC campuses is required (CSU campuses and Community Colleges a plus)
• Proven track record of success in managing large, multi-million dollar projects.
• Working relationships and personal references at higher education campus in California.
• Excellent communication and team-building skills.
• Strong Microsoft Office computer skills: Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, etc.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD and BIM a plus.
• Available for limited travel outside of California.