The Senior Project Manager provides leadership on assigned projects and acts to achieve financial, schedule and client relationship objectives. The Senior Project Manager plans and organizes all engineering functions specific to the project, coordinates client interaction between the project team and client, provides guidance on recommended manpower and technical resource loading. The Senior Project Manager will strive to improve and increase client relationships.
The successful candidate MUST have a strong Design discipline background along with experience running engineering/design projects in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, or Nutraceutical industries.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Size – All.
- Holds primary responsibility for achievement of scope, cost, schedule and quality objectives on assigned projects.
- Ensures achievement of corporate goals for assigned projects.
- Attends pre-bid meetings with clients and prepares proposals in conjunction with department heads, directors and other key individuals.
- Actively assists in Design budget development.
- Manages client interaction on assigned projects and promotes positive relationships.
- Identifies risks to project and corporation and works with Project Executives and Director of Operations to mitigate risks.
- Responsible for project scope control and development/communication of all scope adjustment notifications (SAN) to the client.
- Coordinates with project discipline leads to determine scope, complexity and planning and scheduling requirements of the projects.
- Develops and maintains meeting minutes and Action Items/Needs List for each project.
- Develops and Maintains Project Execution Plan.
- Prepares internal monthly financial/schedule reports for the Director of Operations for each project.
- Prepares monthly financial/schedule reports for the Client as requested by the client.
- Enhances and facilitates project team communication and coordination.
- Responsible for management of all sub-consultants on the project.
- Must have the ability to run multiple simultaneous projects.
- Maintains personal competency in relevant professional areas.
- Develops and maintains long-term industry relationships including client relationship and account development.
- Assists in identifying, and developing innovative methods for improving project management processes and techniques against current SOPs.
- Strives for continuous improvement in all internal processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A minimum of 10 years industry experience in Project Management.
- MUST have a strong Architectural Design or Engineering discipline background along with experience running engineering/design projects in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech or Nutraceutical industries.
- Project Management Institute – PMP certification preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture or planning.
- Progressive ability, capacity, and aptitude in administration to plan, organize, supervise and coordinate technical work and to obtain cooperation from others.
- High level of scheduling skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Analytical thinking, structured problem solving skills, excellent communications skills, team building and strong work ethic. Must be able to build report with project staff.
- Skilled in the use of IT tools, including spreadsheets, word processing, planning and scheduling software.
- Understanding of Earned Value and other project controls methods.
- Promotes Safety and adheres to IPS and client Safety policies.