One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
The Senior Project Manager will support all physical plant construction, renovation, restoration, and major repair programs at any facility associated with UHS operations. This position is knowledgeable in building systems and construction methods specifically in a health care environment. This position develops concepts and plans for facility growth or change in service as well as capital upkeep and replacement. The key role of this position is advisor to each individual facility managing director to assist in growth planning and implementation, as it relates to buildings and facility campus. This position has responsibility to oversee other UHS Asst PM and Regional PM as assigned to provide guidance on project decisions and regulatory interface. A Mentoring relationship will be required.
Essential Job Duties:
- Work closely with RVP, C-suite, RFM/DPO, FF&E and IT in the development of project scope and price. Differentiates between priority business needs and "nice-to-have’s" in order to assist in determining project priority and to resolve resource conflicts. Works closely with user groups to learn all aspects of user requirements in order to provide effective advice and recommendation.
- Ensure projects are completed on budget and schedule and that the projects incorporate the latest Behavioral Health/Acute best practices. Have the ability to manage multiple, large projects at one time with some supervision.
- Develop/engage project teams using a competitive RFP process. Assist in guiding project through local, State and Federal building restrictions and code compliance. Accurate budgeting, scheduling, logistics, ICRA, ILSM from conception through completion. Follow the CAR/PAC process for pre-validation, validation and request for full funding.
- Take a leadership role in finding new methods/approaches to help execute work faster and more efficiently. Challenge assumptions and bring new ideas to the table that could benefit the entire department in executing our role at UHS.
- Maintain a vendor ranking and ensure we reinforce success by re-engaging firms that perform excellent work and value the relationship with UHS. Collecting historical cost and schedule data to utilize in predicting future cost and time to execute projects (send to corporate at projection completion).
- Ensure all parties on the project have executed a contract with UHS and have provided all the required insurances prior to commencing work. Ensure the highest ethical standards when dealing with our vendors. Ensure vendors compliant with the terms of the agreement and that the business terms agreed are fair to both the vendor and UHS. Use business term guidelines.
- Is proficient in the use of technology to efficiently communicate and share information in an organized and timely fashion.
- Work with the corporate energy Manager to ensure the design and engineering of the facility incorporates energy efficient technologies and quality equipment.
Bachelor's degree with 10+ years experiencerequired.
Strong leadership skills; specific construction implementation experience, some development experience, code and permit knowledge, negotiating skills, strong interpersonal skills to lead vendors, solid business decision making skills.
Travel 25% to 50%;