The Office of Design & Construction (ODC) Senior Project Manager (SPM) serves as the project leader and single point of accountability. The SPM provides accurate and timely planning, analysis, and execution of multiple, large scale, design-to-construction projects, with budgets in excess of $50 million dollars.
The SPM prepares time and cost estimates for assigned projects, tracks projects against proposed timelines, updates project plans to reflect actual progress, and escalates encountered situations to the appropriate area with detailed and accurate information. These responsibilities usually involve the management of employees of Florida Hospital, consultant designers, contractors, and other professionals. The SPM actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Excellent project management skills to manage multiple mid-sized to large, complex healthcare projects
- Knowledge of healthcare design and construction techniques
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and contracts
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated requiring minimal management
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with and manage multi-faceted teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Comfortable in making presentations to management and customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Project or similar project management program (Preferred)
- Proficient in e-Builder software program (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, Construction
- Management or related field
- Seven years’ healthcare design and construction project management experience
- Extensive experience in managing diverse teams to deliver complex information solutions
- Extensive experience in construction process, including all project deliverables
- Experience with Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA, or equivalent state agency) construction requirements
- Ten years’ healthcare project management experience (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current State of Florida License in Architecture, Interior Design, Structural or Civil Engineering (Preferred)
- General Contracting License (Preferred)
- Project management certification (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Utilizes pre-construction understanding of operational considerations to consistently assess project risks and formulates mitigation plans as needed. Successfully develops and updates project budgets as required utilizing “Project Budget Tracking Form.” Delivers projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner in accordance with the approved project scope.
- Effectively leads project evaluation meetings and administrative reviews from conception to completion. Manages the negotiation and bidding of the project; develops, manages, and delivers a project change control process as needed to ensure project team operates within the scope and change approval process.
- Oversees and coordinates the work of the Project Manager and Project Coordinator to assure the project is progressing appropriately, frequently visits job site throughout construction, follows established procedures of the Design & Construction department.
- Monitors subcontractor activities to guarantee compliance with project budget and specification requirements, and administers RFIs and Change Orders.
- Multitasks, including managing contract employees, consultants, vendors and staff.
- Accurately manages multiple projects simultaneously, utilizing the Project Request Tracking Form. Effectively prepares and presents technical and/or educational documentation of assigned projects to enhance the knowledge of our customers and team members affected.
- Actively participates in internal and/or external training programs, staying current and compliant on application or technical skills applicable to assigned duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the Design & Construction department.