Job Description Summary:
DataStax powers the Right-Now Enterprise with the always-on, distributed clouddatabase built on Apache Cassandra™ anddesigned for hybrid cloud. We are seeking a talented Senior Project Manager to join our team.
At DataStax we are on the forefront of an incredible market opportunity with life-changing technology. We are looking for individuals who are ready to make an impact and able to thrive in a rapidly growing environment. Huge Market, Amazing Technology and Talented People are all great reasons to join DataStax.
As a DataStax Project Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of key DataStax projects. You will work closely with DataStax Sales, Services, Support and Customer Success employees engaged in assisting our customers. Most importantly, you will partner with the customer’s project team to ensure all project deliverables are met and expectations properly managed. As a member of the DataStax Professional Services team, it is your mission to make it easy for DataStax customers to use our software to achieve continuous success.
Essential Job Functions:
Work on-site or remotely with customers to support the successful delivery of their project (85%-90%):
Understand & Plan> Deliver &Manage> Document> Communicate
Understand & Plan:
Customer’s business requirements and expectations.
Customer’s technical objectives and desired project outcomes.
DataStax Sales goals and expectations.
Create a project definition, scope and objectives.
Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
Deliver & Manage :
- Facilitate engagement delivery coordination
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time and on budget.
- Drive the customer toward the agreed-upon solution
- Ensure the project quality conforms with DataStax best practices.
- Manages contract nuisances to the success of the project accordingly.
- Manages relationship with internal and customer stakeholders.
- Coordinate internal resources and partner resources in the execution of projects
- Mitigates customer concerns and unforeseen risks to the project scope
- Deliver and maintain weekly project status reporting
- Track the hourly accounting against each project.
- Detail preliminary and ongoing risk assessment.
- Ensemble and deliver Project specific document deliverables
- Provide ongoing quality reviews and project closure documentation
- Develop and maintain a trusted relationship with internal and customer stakeholders
- Provides input on project revenue forecasting and resource billable utilization
- Establishes when to escalate for scope expansion
- Communicate new opportunity details Pre-Sales, Sales and Services Management.
- Determines when to engage the Architect for additional input or clarification
- Addresses and mitigates customer concerns and unforeseen risks to the project scope
- Negotiates and obtains sign off for the project objectives and deliverables
Reporting and Record Keeping (10% -15%):
- Ensure quality and time management processes are followed by team (e.g., change controls, time tracking.)
- Review and approve team time and expenses
- Assist the services Operations team with operational reporting and data management efforts
You have Experience managing external facing IT software projects (10+ years)
You have Experience in a customer facing role (10+ Years)
You have Experience with Database Driven Application Development Projects
You practice active listening.
You have strong verbal and written communication skills in English (Priority.)
You possess strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands.
You have Impeccable time management skills
You work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals and resolve problems
You can calmly negotiate escalation situations and negotiate mutually beneficial outcomes.
You have the ability to plan using MS Project like tools
Ability to travel up to 40% percent of the time, including international.
B.S./B.A. degree (preferred).
Education: to Degree level
PMP or PMI Certified (minimum foundation level)
- Desirable: Knowledge of databasetechnologies
- Location: Chicago
In this role, you will report to the global PMO Director. Provide guidance and support to Project Managers. Collaborates with Sales and Architects on project development. Monitors and provides project-level direction to Architects, Consultants, Instructors and Field Engineers.
Helping our customers achieve success includes delivering quality projects on time and on budget. Always keeping a keen focus on our customers business requirements and expectations. Prompt and informative communication is also key to customer success.