Tower Research Capital LLC, a high-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks a Technical Project Manager to join our Managed Services team in New York.
The Global Program Management division is responsible for driving firm-wide initiatives that require planning, coordination, and technical delivery from multiple divisions within Core Engineering to support and advance Tower’s trading platforms.
The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for:
- The Security Project Manager will assist in the planning, implementing, and coordination of all Security related activities of the company.
- This role may also include coordination with 3rd party audits, internal audits, vendor due diligence, and internal business units, IT on information security initiatives, cyber security, disaster recovery, business continuity plans and compliance tasks and/or projects.
- Participating in internal meetings and external meetings to gather project requirements and preparing detailed summarizes to share with the Engineering, Operations and clients (trading teams)
- Engaging, fostering, and managing strong relationships between internal and external project resources
- Managing prioritization and execution of projects, including tracking key decision making, deliverables and reporting on project progress through the project life cycle (Initiation, Approved, Active, Completed)
- Generating and maintaining accurate project documentation and project plans (MS Project/JIRA/Confluence, etc.)
- Leading the design, development, and deployment of work plans and producing the required tasks, resources and schedule for complex projects
- Escalating project and task anomalies and correcting problems identified during projects
- Facilitating the management of expectations for project delivery to trading teams and management
- Contributing suggestions for new process and for improving existing processes
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience and expertise in Project and Program Management
- Expertise in IT/Cyber Security, experience working with project portfolio for cyber security.
- Security certification, such as CISSP
- Expertise in all phases of Project Life Cycle
- Stakeholder management skills
- PPM Tools experience
- Bachelor degree or master degree in business or related field
- Datacenter Experience – Operations and Security
- CISCO Router and Switch Configuration experience
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Business Continuity Planning
- Security Management
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with other project managers involving interdependent projects on large programs.
- Hands on experience managing policy, processes and procedures implementation
Candidate should also be:
- Self-motivated and able to work flexible hours (including late nights and weekends)
- Knowledgeable about IT infrastructure, data centers,
- Knowledgeable about application development cycles (SDLC, scrum, agile)
- Knowledgeable about pre go-live requirements and deployment readiness
- Highly analytical
- Able to learn quickly and assume new responsibilities as the firm’s priorities change
- Able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work both individually and with a team
Tower’s dual offices and garden roofdecks are located in TriBeCa and SoHo, neighborhoods in downtown Manhattan. While we work hard, Tower’s cubicle-free workplace, jeans-clad workforce, and well-stocked kitchens reflect the premium the firm places on quality of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- 401(k) with company matching
- 5 weeks of paid vacation per year plus 9 paid holidays
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis
- Reimbursement for health and wellness expenses
- Free tickets to New York events, including the US Open and TriBeCa Film Festiva