Job Description Summary
Provides professional project managementexperience to designated capital projects and assignments through personal interaction with clients andinternal / external project management staff. Monitors and coordinates the execution of the various services and processes relating to clientcontracted agreements for project management.Manage, train, develop, motivate and discipline subordinates as necessary to meet established goals; reviews and appraises their work performance
- Selects subordinates with approval of appropriate supervisors; delegates to each necessary authority and responsibility for performance of assigned functions
- Trains, develops, motivates and disciplines subordinates as necessary to meet established goals; reviews and appraises their work performance
- Establishes goals and objectives with timetables for the subordinates supervised
- Accountable for subordinates budgetary project goals, project document deliverables and timelines
- Provides planning, administration, programming, design, construction and technical support to ensure all construction projects assigned are executed in accordance with the established construction standards and procedures.
- Develops and ensures budgetary controls are in place for each project in order to effectively monitor progress and budget
- Complies with all internal reporting procedures and policies related to budget, contract administration, and other project-related requirements.
- Develops and/or reviews documentation related to project construction administration, contractor payments, change orders, constructioninspections, quality controls, safety and overall contract compliance Prepares cost estimates and analyzes contractor proposals as required.
- Prepares documentation and analysis for decisions related to the award of construction and/or consultant services contracts. Assists in the selection and contracting process of consultants and construction teams as necessary for each project
- Attends Customer’s organizational meetings for input on construction, renovation, and other types of projects requested
- Serves as an owner’s representative in the execution and administration of engineering, design and constructioncontracts. Project Manager is responsible for adherence to engineering, design and construction standards and procedures
- Ensures project team understands all policies and procedures related to all aspects of construction administration as required. Promotes safety compliance with all contractors and their sub-contractors
- Monitors team compliance with all applicable codes and standards established for assigned projects. Coordinates with other organizations to insure that their associated work is planned and completed in concert with construction work being performed ( e.g.: IT Dept )
- Prepares, reviews and updates budgets and scope amendments for changes in funding for projects. Prepares recommendations for review/approval by the Portfolio Manager and the client
- Prepares and reviews change orders to constructioncontracts and amendments to A/E contracts. Prepares recommendations for review/approval by the Portfolio Manager and the client
- Coordinates technical and specialized assistance for the client, Facility Managers and/or their customers as needed
- Observes corporate policies and procedures
- Maintains high qualitative and quantitative standards of work performance
- Strives constantly to improve skill and work knowledge; keeps up to date in the field of specialization
- Cooperates with other personnel to achieve corporate goals and objectives as to quality, service, cost and profit
- Reports to immediate supervisor major problems and findings and results achieved with recommendations
- Carries out responsibilities in a professional, courteous manner at all times
- Bachelors degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
- 7years directly related experience in a Facilities or Construction project accountability role or 10 years equivalent combination of experience in an advisory and/or engineering supervisory capacity
- Excellent client relations, client management, and consultation skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership ability, administrative ability, technical background and project responsibility experience
- Software competency: Complete Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Project, BIG Project Center
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to travel from floor to floor and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions
- The employee may also be regularly required to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Regularly use hands to operate office machinery including, but not limited to, telephones, computers, fax, and photocopy machines
- Regularly required to walk, talk, and hear