As part of the application process, you are required to create a candidate account to log back in and view your application(s). Check your email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
The successful candidate will have proven cost engineeringexperience with complex, multi-phase, construction and/or renovation projects. The general job duties include: Prepares detailed computer generated cost reports, charts and diagrams; This position will provide analysis and review of cost/budget expenditure and maintains cost control reports; Promptly reports anticipated cost overages or other unsatisfactory cost elements; Maintains liaison throughout MRDD in developing support for network calculations, printouts and cost reports, and other cost related services. All duties are to be performed in accordance with department and property policies, practices and procedures.
- Perform project projections for Capital Expense projects and compare to the project budgets for MGM Resorts Properties.
- Perform cost-to-complete analysis for all cost elements within a project taking into consideration staffing plans, contract commitments, and expenditures to date, change orders and trends.
- Attend project meetings to provide Project Management with current financial information and trend log regarding potential impacts to project budget or forecast.
- Provide project level and executive summary level progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
- Review change in scope documents with project teams, contractors and sub-consultants.
- Analyze bid award values against current budget and prepare reconciliations to include in the current forecast at completion.
- Work closely with Project Management teams and Pre-Construction Leadership to analyze change order values and scope against current budget and prepare reconciliations to include in the current forecast at completion.
- Updatecontract commitments, reconcile and analyze actual expenditures, monitor trend status and maintain continuity of structure
- Review and approve for submission General Conditions, General Requirements and Fee Proposals by multiple CM’s for various on-going projects.
- Serve as the liaison between project teams, communicating project cost data, analysis and reports.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or Project Management; or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 6 years construction industry experience with a focus on project cost management; job cost forecasting, job cost accounting.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- 5-10 years cost engineeringexperience with 3-5 years in a direct support of an active construction projects.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.