Senior Project Manager (Construction)
Currently, we are seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our IndustrialProject Management team in Chicago, IL to manage development projects for our global list of Fortune 100 clients.
- Provide superior client service
- Provide technical expertise
- Contribute to the growth of the company
- Enhance own professional and personal skills
- Meet assigned financial targets
- Program and project management
- Oversee and lead large, complex projects
- Work closely with client user groups in coordinating their specific requirements.
- Demonstrate a focus on meeting client and project requirements in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Proactively manage project-related issues and mitigate risks.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all project managementtechnology as required for assigned projects.
- Develop scope, budget and schedule for assigned projects.
- Conduct and document meetings.
- Interact and negotiate with consultants and contractors.
- Prepare and update project status reports, process purchase orders and invoices, update tracking reports and maintain files for due diligence and financial controls.
- Maintain accurate and consistent electronic files and documentation.
- Manage ground-up projects including programming, design, entitlements, bidding, permitting and construction management
- Assemble and manage the required teams of consultants and contractors.
- Negotiate contracts with each team firm
- Interface with consultants, architects, contractors, client staff, property owners and vendors
- Maintain excellent client relationships.
- Provide appropriate level of on-site supervision to ensure project performance criteria are being met.
- Develop and maintain relationships with consultants/contractors/vendors and evaluate their performance.
- May perform business development activities including assisting with sourcing, pitching, and securing of new business and projects within local markets
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.).
- Assist in the establishment and refinement of best practices of standards of excellence.
- Assist in training and developing JLL team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices expected for successful project implementation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BachelorDegree from an accredited institution in Business, Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
- An advanced degree is an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant and progressive work experience in project management with specific knowledge of industrial design and construction.
- Experience leading and running numerous projects simultaneously
- Experience working with landlords, developers and institutional owners
DESIRED PROJECT EXPERIENCE
- Automated distribution center
- Heavy manufacturing
- Pharmaceutical distribution
- Food distribution – cooler/freezer
- Light assembly manufacturing
- Food production
- Ambient bulk distribution and cross dock