The NA Connected Services Sr. Project Manager position is responsible for the leadership and delivery of major services programs for large, corporate, and global accounts within the Connected Services business suite of offerings. This position requires self-initiative, ownership, excellent listening skills, commercial sensitivity, responsiveness, collaboration, technical engineering expertise, time management and business acumen. This position will be responsible for managing multifunction and multi-vendor efforts to plan, sell, implement, and support service solutions to address customers’ complex business issues. Manage the integration and/or development and execution of deliverables directly to the customer and in support of major enterprise-wide projects and support agreements that often exceeds $1M in revenue. Global collaboration and project/support coordination will be needed as required.
This position requires the person to possess and demonstrate a diverse set of commercial and technical project management skills coupled with ability to think “big picture” which encompasses not only RA products and systems and their relationship to each other, but how those RA products and systems are incorporated with the overall application. The Sr. Project Manager has demonstrated leadership qualities of project engineering, planning, tracking and organizing to successfully take ownership and be the single point of contact for the customer in managing solutions support engagements throughout the lifecycle of the engagement.
The person in this position must also document and inform Rockwell Automation sales, delivery, and product leadership personnel of solutions to commonly experienced problems, workarounds, practices that create problems, product functionality, etc. to improve overall customer satisfaction and acceptance of Rockwell Automation solutions and services.
Potential candidates should have the capability to perform the following:
- Oversee all project/program activities - commercially and technically
- Manage support deliverables for assigned premium level project and supportcontracts
- Generate proposals to customers
- Drive resolution for all open issues
- Act as primary contact to customer and sales engineer for service to customer
- Ensure customer ROI expectations are met or exceeded
- Provide detailed reporting and ROI analysis to customer, sales and management
- Be able to recognize potential problems with existing equipment/processes and develop solutions with the ability to adapt to various engineering designs, applications, and process criteria to create more efficiencies for self and peers
- Be a mentor to peers, for PM technical and commercial best practices
- Frequently interact with others to build productive internal/external working relationships
- Conduct presentations of technical information/project activities, etc.
- Be able to receive assignments in the form of high level objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals, while executing with excellence
- Lead by example, striving for continuous improvement, demonstrating positive work ethic, fulfilling commitments to customers and Rockwell Automation, valuing and encouraging a diverse workforce, completing and submitting requiredreports on time, and acting in a professional manner
- Provide timely responsiveness to customers, sales, and management with the appropriate level of urgency in delivering results
- Be able to efficiently organize and prioritize tasks associated with multiple project executing in parallel
- Be able to quickly drive effective resolution to customer escalations, generate commercial responses in reply, and incorporate corrective actions into the project moving forward
EOE, M/F/Disabled Vet
- BS in Engineering discipline or Computer Science.
- Minimum five years' experience with increasing levels of responsibility in a systems, software, process automation or application engineering capacity
- Knowledge and leadership experience in delivering Automation/IT type projects for across an enterprise
- Extensive experience with direct customer contact
- Possess industry, application or technology knowledge relevant to assigned business
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
- Demonstrate administrative and operations knowledge at an advanced level
- Demonstrated success at simultaneously managing multiple complex projects
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of corporate organization, policies, products, markets and processes.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent conflict resolution and people interface skills
- Must be able to interface with all levels of management.
- Superior listening and data gathering skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and be self-motivated
- Must be able to travel
- Further education in business administration, operations or project management.
- Sixty hours of formal PMI based Project Management training
- Holds a current certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Manage or actively participated in major projects for over five years
- Available and willing to work overtime, weekends and holidays to meet customer project commitments when needed
- Ability to speak multiple languages an added benefit for interfacing with various global teams
- Industry experience in Consumer Packaged Goods