Company DescriptionSee More
Every Exelixis employee is united in an ambitious cause: to launch innovative medicines that give patients and their families hope for the future. In this pursuit, we know our employees are our most valuable asset. After operating in the challenging biotech sector for 25 years, we have a proven track record of resiliency in the face of adversity. The success of our lead product has provided a solid commercial foundation allowing us to reinvigorate our research efforts, and grow our team in areas such as Drug Discovery, Clinical Development and Commercial.
As we expand our global partnerships and further reinvest in R&D to help us discover the next breakthrough for difficult-to-treat cancers, we're seeking to add talented, dedicated employees to power our mission.
Cancer is our cause. Make it yours, too.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of various projects of a moderately complex nature. Moves project from original concept through completion. Develops and maintains project plans, Gantts/timelines, status reports, strategic development and filing plans in collaboration with team leaders and cross-functional members of teams. Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing oncology drug development projects (IND-enabling, Phase 1 to 3, NDA/BLA filing submissions) and serves as liaison between project teams and executive management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for directly managing one to three clinical development projects (including Phase 1 and Phase 3 studies) and providing direction, management, and assistance to the Project Leader and multiple sub-teams from those projects
• Develops and maintain project plans, timelines, strategic development plans and development product profiles in collaboration with team leaders and lead cross-functional members of teams
• Guides and manages preparation of project milestone review
• Manages meetings to include setting agendas, organizing meeting times and meeting minutes
• Executes project management processes, and follows best practices in project teams to foster continuous improvement by sharing of knowledge
• Ensures uniform processes/documentation between projects
• Provides decision making methodologies, identifies bottleneck and inconsistencies within interdependencies and facilitate brainstorming with the teams to help identify project issues and resolutions
• Performs other duties as assigned
• BS/BA degree in related discipline and eight years of related experience; or,
• MS/MA degree in related discipline and six years of related experience; or,
• PhD in related discipline and three years of related experience, or;
• Equivalent combination of education and experience
• Project Management specific training and/or certification desirable
• 6-8 years' experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical research organization; 3-5 years minimal project management experience
• Experience with small molecule and/or biotherapeutic drug development is advantageous
• Excellent understanding of MS Office Suite required
• Excellent understanding of MS Project, Smartsheet or equivalent Gantt software
• Strong understanding of the full Drug Development process (oncology is preferred)
• Has extensive experience in relevant industry/profession
• Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to identify solution or pre-empting problems
• Uses broad expertise or unique knowledge and skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
• Identifies and implements methods, techniques, procedures and evaluation criteria to achieve results.
• Performs a variety of complicated tasks with a wide degree of creativity and latitude
• Has an understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, concepts and techniques
• Has good general knowledge of other related disciplines
• Applies strong analytical and business communication skills
• Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. May work on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles
• Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation of criteria for obtaining results
• Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Valid through: 11/12/2021