Senior Project Manager - Civil / Environmental Engineering
Since 1919, Kennedy/Jenks Consultants has provided engineering, scientific, and construction solutions to municipal agencies, businesses, and industrial facilities. With offices serving clients throughout the United States, we provide consulting services nationwide.
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager in Austin, Texas with a background in environmental engineering to work on exciting wastewater, water, and recycled water projects and assist with some business development opportunities.
The Senior Project Manager will:
- Be highly communicative and responsive to team members and client’s needs.
- Manage and coordinate project technical work on a wide range of wastewater, water, and recycled water projects.
- Lead and participate in business development efforts including direct client interaction, coordination with marketing staff, preparing proposals, and participating in interview teams.
- Conduct project engineering work such as studies, conceptual and preliminary design, design, and post-design services.
- Perform project management activities including preparing and negotiating professional services contracts, managing the quality and financial performance of projects, and identifying and resolving budget and schedule issues.
- Work collaboratively with technical teams incorporating expertise from throughout the company.
- Mentor and help train junior technical staff
What you’ll need:
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field. Preferred candidate will have a MS in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field
- Preference to candidates with a strong water/wastewater background
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Texas
- 12+ years of experience as a consulting engineer conducting planning, detailed designs, and project engineering of wastewater infrastructure projects
- Experienceleading multi-discipline design teams in the production of plans and specifications