5 - 7 years
Posted 51 days ago
Unistrut Construction, a part of Atkore International, is a Chicago based Specialty Steel subcontractor with approximately 200 employees and branches in major cities across the USA and in Canada specializing in Healthcare, High-tech/Datacom, and Complex Commercial Construction work licensed nationwide with expertise in Design, Fabrication, and Installation services. We are currently searching for a Sr. Project Manager - West Region located in Union City CA.
Reporting to the Director, Project Management, the Sr. Project Manager’s primary focus will be leading a team consisting of project managers, estimators, drafters, foreman, and engineers to design, fabricate and install metal framing, including but not limited to, medical supports, grid applications, and misc metal framing. This position will be responsible for overseeing installation projects, control of project labor, material procurement, and overall project costs. Ensure all projects meet or beat initial contract estimates and company expectations for margins and EBITDA. Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Directs all phases of project management including bid completion, preconstruction, procurement/contracting, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closeout phases of the project.
• Drive improvements in gross margin attained on construction projects through the use of lean tools and continuous improvement.
• Forecast regional revenue and margin expectations on a weekly/monthly basis.
• Build, maintain, and oversee daily office regional operations; full support of staff (PM, CA, Superintendents/Foreman, and field installers) along with associated operating costs. Tracking performance, coaching, training needs, and motivating the regional team.
• Assist Regional Sales Managers: power point presentations/lunch & learns, quote negotiations, scope reviews, Dodge/CMD opportunity search, and customer prospecting.
• Review and approval of regional opportunities/quotes within your Delegation of Authority (DOA)
• Visit Construction Sites Routinely during the course of a project, the site visits would include observing construction activity to verify conformance with the scope/contract documents, schedule, quality, and safety of project. Identify, document, and fix any deficiencies
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Construction Management or other related functional areas
• A minimum 5 years of experience in construction management or related fields, including constructioninspection, estimating, scheduling, and project controls
• Experience managing a team of project managers and field crews.
• Approximately 25% Travel
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to quickly learn internal software and programs.
• All associates must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Integrity,
Atkore International is a publically traded industry leader manufacturing Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, serving a wide range of construction, electrical, fire and security and mechanical applications. We successfully executed an initial public offering on June 10, 2016. Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue. Our global locations include 24 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,000 employees. Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability. Atkore’s mission is to be the customer’s first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery, and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and process. We are able execute on our mission through our core values. All employees must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence (ATIRE). Senior leaders are also expected to drive innovation by delivering value to our customers through a culture built from a mindset, skill set, and tool set that drives breakthrough results. Atkore International offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with Company Match and Flexible Spending Accounts. Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees. Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.