The ideal candidate is experienced in running large global programs as well as several projects (approx. 4 – 5 mid-size to small size projects or approx. 2-3 complex programs/projects at one time), including managing resources in a matrix environment. This person will have a high degree of emotional intelligence, strong strategic thinking, problem solving expertise, experienced stakeholder management, very collaborative, motivated, and self-directing, and excellent communication skills both written and verbal. This person will need to be able to work in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment, yet, bring organization and control to the track(s) of PM work they manage.
- Provide expert direction and guidance to project team during the execution of procedural documentation, project management, stakeholder management, and process improvement activities in conjunction liaise with cross-functional stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Perform independently as executing Program / Project Manager, including creating and managing program/project artifacts (i.e. Microsoft project plans, action items, meeting minutes, presentations, etc).
- Ensures the business objectives are clear and actionable to provide the project team with momentum and context while defining scope leading to detailed requirements and work breakdown structure.
- Perform content review and quality control for a portfolio of documents to drive alignment with Gilead policies and best practices
- Propose and implement plans to resolve complex issues and execute corrective actions
- Drive continued team progress on multiple projects during and between meetings
- Determine actions required to achieve team goals and leverage program/project staff accordingly
- Assist with staff alignment with organizational priorities
- Synthesize complex data and present findings clearly to senior leadership
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to assess process alignment and prioritize revisions as necessary to ensure continued relevance and applicability
- Support budget creation and resource allocation decision-making within the organization
- Advise on the development and delivery of internal training materials on an as-needed basis
- Drive standardization and the adoption of best practices across the Development Operations organization, including developing processes and tools that encourage knowledge sharing and continuous performance improvement
- Bachelor's Degree with 8+ years or Master's Degree with 6+ years of Process Improvement and Project Management experience
- Excellent program and project management, consensus-building, and leadership skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (including Visio, Project, and Excel), including preparing, organizing, facilitating, and presenting to Associate Director level and up leadership.
- Excellent ability to communicate across the organizational hierarchy and cross-functionally, including maintain working relationships with stakeholders across the business.
- Direct people leadership experience including building out, managing performance and skill development of team, including experience in overseeing other project managers, & serve as a subject matter expert on all projects under responsibility is a must
- Exceptional ability to manage changing priorities and ambiguity
- PMP Certification
- At least 2 years of Process Improvement/Project Management experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceuticals industry
- Experience with Business Analysis process and techniques
- Experience with Lean, Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies
- Experience with developing content and leading portfolio/project review meetings for leadership and management team
- Experience managing and collaborating with virtual or remote teams