We currently have an opening in Los Angeles for a Senior Project Manager (Site/Civil) for an aviation project.
- Project planning and mobilization.
- Responsible for the CPM baseline, monthly CPM schedule updates and narratives, and CPM fragments with changes and delays.
- Timely and accurate Subcontractor buyout, including the use of S&P bonding policy.
- Proactively promotes the company’s safety policies and programs.
- Oversight of S&P Quality Control Program.
- Provide guidance and oversight to Project Managers in setting up the Schedule of Values (SOV) to promote positive cash flow.
- Cost reports – weekly and monthly review of job cost reports for preparation of monthly analysis. Carefully analyze cost AND schedule problems and initiate new alternatives, which will cause a course correction.
- Participates in the business development process including client contacts, relationships, proposals, and presentations for selected projects.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with owners, architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Review the monthly draw requests.
- Establish and maintain revenue forecasts for assigned projects.
- Ensure sub/vendor invoices are reviewed and approved in both a timely and accurate fashion.
- Management of the Change Order Process, both prime and subcontractor.
- Supervises staff, including establishing and communicating performance expectations, providing positive and constructive feedback, determining training and development needs, and conducting on-the-job training. May make hiring, discipline, and/or termination decisions.
- Ensure timely collections of all accounts receivable, including retainage. Closing out the project in compliance with contract documents.
- Responsible for understanding and complying to prime contract terms and conditions, contract documents, subcontract agreements, purchase order agreements, insurance, etc.
- Participates in the review of estimates with attention to the following: adherence to cost control system, equipment requirements and utilization, constructability, formwork, materials, manpower, general conditions, schedule, insurance, etc.
- Champions the orderly, timely transition of projects from the estimating phase to the field, including project review meetings, which encompass a review of contract requirements, general conditions, schedules, budgets, subcontracts, and purchase order agreements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education, Certification:
- B.A. or B.S.in Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture, or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years of experience in managing construction projects and a thorough knowledge of contract documents, materials, equipment utilization, scheduling systems, productivity analysis, construction operations, and cash flow procedures is essential.
- Must have previous Aviation Construction experience.
- Strong working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building required
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Professional Engineer (PE) or Architect license/certification preferred
- Proficient management, leadership, business development, and technical skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work well within a deadline driven environment.
- Perform functions efficiently and accurately with little direct supervision.
- Must maintain a professional attitude and conduct oneself in positive manner at all times.
- Must respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must be able to perform in fast paced, changing environment
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills.