The Project Manager - Senior position is responsible for managing the successful delivery of all assigned projects. The management includes communication to all key stakeholders, risk management, resource management, change management, budget management, scope management, and schedule management.
- Leads the development of the overall approach for the project, its major time frames and the definition of its major deliverables to address and meet the desired goals and outcomes.
- Leads regular interactions with the executive sponsor to inform, alert, negotiate and maintain a continuing good relationship and shared vision for the project outcome.
- Establishes and ensures appropriate governance functions for the project in accordance with enterprise policies.
- Develops and controls the project budget, and manages expenditure within approved funding requests
- Ensures and balances the availability of the required skills and competencies across project teams within the project
- Leads reviews with executive sponsor and stakeholders to identify organic or specific project needs and/or changes, and directs the development of appropriate approaches to address.
- Leads the development and maintenance of stakeholder mapping, communications and reporting.
- Leads the oversight of project execution, progress compared with the plan and the production of agreed deliverables.
- Monitors and coordinates dependencies and resolves conflicts.
- Makes recommendations as to the use of contractors and professional service providers, and determines their use.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree with 5 years in Project Management role
- PMP Certified
- Possesses strong knowledge of Microsoft Project 2016 (Project Online) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of various software development methodologies (waterfall, agile, etc)
- Ability to clearly communicate scope, expectations, plans, and hold team accountable for project commitments
- Understands impacts of scope change to project schedule and budget
- Experience managing project documents, approvals, issues, decisions on SharePoint site
- Ability to develop top down and bottom up work breakdown structure
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to defuse team conflicts
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience documenting and maintaining change initiatives
- Ability to proactively manage risk and issues to resolution