WSP is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager Bridges for our Transportation business line, located at our Ottawa office. Reporting to the Manager Bridges Ottawa, this position will manage a team of Engineers, Designers and support staff to deliver quality structural engineering projects. This client facing position will be the key interface and primary point of communication on transportation projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing relationships with existing clients, developing our team, pursuing new opportunities, proposal preparation and strengthening our market share in the Ottawa market.
- Prepare designs, contract specifications and reports for a wide variety of transportation structural projects with a focus on bridges;
- Able to independently evaluate, select and applyengineering techniques and procedures to successfully complete new and rehabilitation design projects;
- Manage financial performance, approve expenditures and coordinate consulting services agreements;
- Establish and execute projects that promote quality, value, timeliness and profitability;
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensure timely and accurate invoicing and monitor accounts receivable;
- Implementation of corporate procedures, quality and safety standards;
- Provide overall risk management reporting;
- Monitor and ensure client satisfaction;
- Proactively manage compliance with project schedule, budget and procedures;
- Manage project cost control (budget vs. actual);
- Manage staff productivity and utilization;
- Mentor staff and performance management of staff;
- Supervise staff and participate directly in the completion of projects;
- Liaise with other Project Managers, Program Managers, Clients and stakeholders;
- Organize and chair meetings;
- Foster a spirit of enthusiasm and client focus;
- Lead and direct business development activities in the Ottawa market including preparation of proposal and statement of qualifications;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduatedegree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- P.Eng. (Eligible for Membership with the PEO);
- Minimum of 15years of related experience;
- Able to work independently as well as in groups with a demonstrated ability to manage projects, project teams, and clients;
- Experience in leading a design team to produce efficient engineering designs;
- Familiarity with City of Ottawa market conditions, public and private sector client base.
- MTO experience is a requirement;
- Ability to lead and mentor other engineers / technicians;
- Experienceworking with remote teams and multi-office execution;
- Proven experience in multi-disciplinary design coordination;
- Able to multi-task and meet various project deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a strong desire to succeed;
- Strong working technical background in bridgeengineering.