WSP is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager for our Bridges department, located at our Kingston office. Reporting to the Manager of Bridges, this position will manage a team of designers and draftspersons. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing relationships with existing clients, developing our team, pursuing new opportunities and strengthening our market share in the Kingston Region.
- Prepare designs and contract specifications for a wide variety of transportation projects;
- Manage financial performance for the Kingston Transportation group, approve expenditures and coordinate consulting services agreements;
- Manage staff productivity and utilization;
- Mentor staff and project teams;
- Supervise staff and participate directly in the completion of projects;
- Foster a spirit of enthusiasm and client focus;
- Lead and direct business development activities in the Kingston Region including preparation of proposal and statement of qualifications;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- P.Eng. (Eligible for Membership with the PEO);
- Minimum of 15 years of Bridge Design and Transportation Engineering experience in the consulting services industry including roles with management and business development responsibilities;
- Able to work independently as well as in groups with a demonstrated ability to manage projects, project teams, and clients;
- Experience with all aspects of bridge design.
- Familiarity with MTO and or City of Kingston market conditions, public and private sector client base in and around the Kingston area an asset;
- Ability to lead and mentor other engineers / technicians;
- Able to multi-task and meet various project deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a strong desire to succeed;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).