Ready to put your project management expertise to work on complex, urban projects? Are you great with people and have a track record managing teams that get the job done? Parsons is now hiring an experienced Senior Project Manager with a desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions to various bridge and highway structures projects in the State of Indiana and surrounding region, that enhance the urban fabric of our community. In this role you will be responsible for the scope development, scope management and commercial performance of the project to meet project goals and objectives. Plans and defines program goals and devises methods to accomplish them; develops in-depth knowledge of client objectives, contract terms and corporate policies. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your 15+ years of experience coordinating bridge & structures projects through all phases of project inception, programming, design, and close-out will propel your career and leadership opportunities forward. We need our Senior Project Managers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environments that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills Responsibilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Project oversight on multiple bridge and structures projects for various state road & highway initiatives.
- Experience in preparing correspondence, written reports, presentations, for the Government and in briefing tenants and senior personnel.
- Scheduling and coordination of project interactions among existing and occupied facilities.
- Ability to manage inter-disciplinary teams of professionals and supporting labor categories.
- Ability to integrate competing and/or conflicting elements into the planning and execution processes so that project requirements flow smoothly.
- Experience and familiarity with Federal and Local Government office building projects, with procedural requirements, review requirements, and approval requirements.
- Mobilizes company resources, through liaison with support departments, other offices, or subsidiaries, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work. Discusses the qualifications required of the key project positions in specific detail with the profit center and department managers. Collaborates with the office facilities staff to address project space requirements.
- Acts as the Company representative with the client and selected subcontractors during the program execution. Negotiates changes to the scope of work with the client and key subcontractors. Markets and secures additional work with client. Responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the project.
- May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of clients.
- Oversees establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
- Establishes the program requirements for all areas of the project, and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria. Responsible for the development and distribution of a one to two-page description of the project to all members of the project team for reference.
- Works with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project. Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
- Works with the key project individual to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work. Advises the client and company management of any such changes. The Project Manager is specifically responsible for maintaining current and timely change orders.
- Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the project through application of Quality Assurance processes. Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule. Establishes weekly meeting to review project status and formulate action items.
- 4-year degree in Project Management or Civil Engineering related technical/business field
- 15 years of related engineering management experience on large scale bridge & structures programs
- Experience in the State of Indiana is desirable . (PE) highly desirable.
- Incumbent should have a broad general technical and business background.
- Professional registration may also be required.
- Must have the ability to manage projects, interface with clients and enjoy being hands on technically in the project. Our Project Managers still get very involved in the designs on the project.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry standards
- Incumbent must meet Parsons' project management certification requirements. Proven ability to perform in a management capacity, excellent written and oral communications