The Senior Project Manager / Technical Manager - Bridge Design is responsible for performing technical oversight, staff development, contract management, technical and cost proposal development, project performance and client management for targeted statewide clients. Assist the Bridge Department Manager with team management and oversight for Bridge Design and Bridge Inspection; which includes a staff size of 15 engineering professional.
- Project management experience with PennDOT, DCNR, DRPA and local clients overseeing moderate to complex bridge rehabilitation/replacement projects involving multiple disciplines such as roadway, drainage, geotechnical etc.; and experience supervising the execution, financial performance, and quality assurance of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Possess strong verbal, written, presentation, proposal writing and excellent client management skills; demonstrated ability leading and managing the design and detailing of complex transportation structures, with an emphasis on experience and knowledge of the design, analysis, Inspection and maintenance of highway and railroad bridges. Goal oriented, quality focused, and have demonstrated success with creating and fostering a team environment.
- Assist Harrisburg Bridge Department Manager in collaboration with the Regional Bridge Practice Leader, as well as structural engineering managers from other Michael Baker offices around the country.
- Some evenings will be spent at professional society meetings; working to develop and maintain relationships with key clients, teaming partners, and potential technical staff hires.
- Will be part of a dynamic team responsible for helping identify and win projects to expand the structural engineering practice currently servicing state, county, and municipal clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required. Advanced degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on structures a plus.
- PA P.E. license with 15+ years of bridge related design experience and 5+ years of project management experience.
- Ideal candidates will have extensive experience with PennDOT, Pennsylvania Turnpike Authority a plus- in support of Baker’s GCE contract. MDSH and MDTA are a plus for growth of the Harrisburg structures department.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications, excellent organizational skills and strong project management skills with a willingness to help lead proposal efforts.
- Experience with and understanding of AASHTO LRFD design and complex structural analysis software such Midas and STAAD is required.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products is required.
- Experience managing projects involving multiple disciplines such as roadway, drainage, geotechnical, environmental, etc.; and experience supervising the execution, financial performance, and quality assurance of multiple simultaneous projects is desired.
- Experience with road and/or rail bridge rehabilitation design, and rating analysis is desired. Additional transportation/infrastructure agencies located in the Northeast is also desired.
- Teaching experience is a plus. Michael Baker teaches several NHI Courses (Design and Inspection), teaching experience, or desire/ ability to teach a plus.