The PMO Senior Project Manager (SrPM) is a PMO professional who has overall accountability for delivering application development and/or business projects and/or programs, and manages team(s) as assigned. The Senior Project Manager plans and directs the project lifecycle activities for multiple, concurrent projects and/or programs.
• Plans, organizes and manages projects or programs from scoping phase to implementation.
• Identifies resource requirements (defined skills, competencies, roles and responsibilities) to assemble the project team.
• Leads and directs cross-functional teams to deliver projects within the constraints of quality, scope, schedule and budget.
• Conducts ROI analysis and business case studies for project approval.
• Performs business process evaluation in efforts to improve existing processes within both the business and technical communities.
• Ensures all project deliverables are completed according to plan.
• Works closely with business sponsors and internal IT & Business teams to evaluate the business scope/objectives, assess impacts to the project and develop the most cost-effective and efficient solutions.
• Develops detailed status reports and summarized executive updates.
• Ensures alignment of project objectives and business needs with the project sponsors.
• Works with the team to resolve existing system and/or project related issues.
• Builds a high performance team by leading, mentoring, motivating and inspiring individuals to meet the project requirements.
• Coordinates communication and collaboration among internal and external technical resources in order to derive technical and functional solutions to address both tactical and strategic business issues and initiatives.
• Develops, organizes and manages issues, risks, actions items, change control and communication plans.
• Ensures compliance with Sarbanes Oxley controls.
• Coordinates project deliverables across all areas of the organization and with vendors.
• Alerts management to project issues such as cost, schedule or scope changes.
• Negotiates resolutions to project issues where cost, schedule, scope or quality are at risk.
• Monitors project budget against actual costs incurred.
• Reviews and signs off on all project deliverables.
• Manages the vendor procurement and evaluation processes when soliciting software or services from technology partners.
• Ensures development managers are informed of the required resource needs for successful project delivery.
• Tracks project metrics to effectively manage scope, cost, quality and the schedule.
• Identifies, documents and communicates lessons learned.
• Provides performance feedback on project team resources, developing working relationships with both internal and external business partners.
“Our goal is to improve the quality of work/life by providing equal employment opportunities for all candidates and team members. Bluegreen Vacations Corporation believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a broad candidate pool. We are a drug-free workplace, and if offered employment, candidate must be willing to submit to a background check/drug test. EOE/DFW”
Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related field
10+ yrs experience as a Project Manager
Experience managing Enterprise projects
Travel & Hospitality Experience desired but not required
Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) desired but not required. Functional Specification Documentation: Use Case Specifications,Use Case Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams.
Business Requirements Gathering
Project Management Lifecycle
Traditional & Agile PM Methodologies
Project Planning, Scheduling, Tracking, & Reporting
Risk & Issue Planning (Identification, Mitigation, Resolution)
Project Scope/Change Control
Presentation Skills (Management level)
Contract/Services Negotiations Skills
Vendor & Partner Relationship Management
Change Management (Configuration)
Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Excellent Written & Oral Communication Skills
Knowledge of Database Concepts
MSOffice Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Visio)
SQL/Query Tools desired but not required
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and vendors
Strong attention to detail
Excellent verbal and written skills
Ability to identify issues quickly and facilitate discussion for resolution
Ability to identify risks and develop proper mitigation plans
Ability to prepare formal management presentations
Ability to organize and conduct effective meetings
Ability to provide assistance and guidance to project team members
Strong Diagnostic & Analytical Capabilities.