AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Aviation Project Manager for immediate employment for the Orange, CA office. The Aviation Project Manager is responsible for:
- Performing a wide array of aviation-related civil design, planning, constructionsupport, and client management services for General Aviation and Commercial Air Service Airports.
- Plan, direct, and monitor all aspects of small and large multi-discipline projects involving design of airport engineering projects including runways, taxiways, aprons, vehicle service roads, airfield lighting and signage installation, navigational aids, drainage improvements, utility relocation and protection, and pavement rehabilitation.
- Mentor and develop staff, provide leadership and an environment which encourages teamwork, initiative and growth.
- Guide project teams on complex technical issues.
- Supervision, coordination, and production of several projects concurrently.
- Builds and maintains positive client relationships.
- Involved in marketing/business development including ability to market and win work.
- Develop strategy, prepare proposals, negotiate contracts, and execute projects.
- Coordinate staffing plan and workload though the entire project development duration while meeting project schedules and budgets.
- Control overall project cost and scope, schedule, and quality of work.
- Implement project QA/QC and work with Finance & Accounting, Controller, Department Manager, or Managing Principles for project reviews.
- Preparation of engineering design reports, project definition documents, construction plans, and contract documents / technical specifications
- Significant design and construction oversight for multiple general aviation clients.
- Collaborating and/or coordinating design teams consisting of multi-discipline design engineers and technicians.
- Coordination with clients, funding agencies, FAA and local permit Agencies.
- Responsible for the overall management administration to project and assists in establishing project specific objectives and policies.
- Provides management and guidance to subordinate managers, enforces company and project policies, and a primary liaison between AECOM and client interface.
- Oversees and ensures all facets of the project are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule through subordinate managers and supervisors.
- Responsible for administering the project from budgeting/schedule stage through procurement and contract closeout. Position has significant profit/loss responsibility for assigned project.
- Bachelors of Science - Civil Engineering plus 8 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and / or education.
- Experience in preparation of Project Reports, Feasibility Studies, and PS&Es for Aviation projects.
- A proven track record of marketing/selling services to Aviation clients.
- Professional Engineer License in CA
- Minimum of 8 years' experience including 8 years of project management in the aviation market sector.
- Available to travel to clients and projects in Southern California Nevada and other states within the region.
- Experience managing $5MM contract value projects.
Engineering - Civil
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
United States of America