As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields.
But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Do you like to take the lead? We're seeking a senior project manager to serve as leader on mid-to large-scale and complex projects. Must understand and be able to communicate project scope, milestones and targets and serve as mentor for the project team.
We are looking for a full-time Senior Project Manager with Automotive OEM experience at our Headquarters location in the Kansas City area. In this role you will be responsible for leveraging advanced understanding and expertise of project management skills on complex projects or tasks, including understanding and communicating project scope, milestones, and decisions. Other essential functions include:
- Leads provision for the timely documentation of clear project scope [i.e. assumptions, requirements (internal, external, regulatory)], objectives/targets, validation needs, resource estimates [costs, and timing], for projects of any scale or complexity, even in cases where elements are not well known (e.g. Concepts, etc.)
- Serves as a role model for leading effective and efficient team meetings including ability to drive wide variety of efforts toward resolution/closure and identifying and resolving conflicts within the project team(s)
- Leverages advanced communication skills to ensure team members/stakeholders are appropriately informed, leads project tradeoff discussions and drives decisions to keep projects moving forward
- Creates and maintains complex timelines and milestone tracking and applies project metrics and risk management principles to identify and mitigate potential schedule impacting items
- Drives project development and issue resolution through identification of risks/issues, creation of mitigation plans for projects within their segment and identification of issues which impact other segments
- Identifies and resolves conflicts through understanding of interdependencies of and development of effective relationships between the development team(s), other Garmin teams/departments, and external entities (e.g. customers, suppliers, etc.)
- Utilizes understanding of product domain to contribute to advanced concept/new feature development efforts and/or research of new technologies
Qualified candidates possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in a technical discipline from a four-year college or university AND a minimum of 5 years' relevant project management experience. Other requirements include:
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to lead a team in the development of product/concept development plans as well as successfully execute projects of any scale or complexity
- Advanced understanding of production and operations issues as they relate to engineering project management, including the ability to successfully identify and mitigate risks
- Previous experience working in the Automotive OEM space is strongly preferred.