- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Civil/Environmental, or Chemical Engineering
- Project management experience desired, but not required
- 7 plus years of professional experience
- Technical experience should include: piping design, familiarity with biological process design, design of fluid dynamics and pumping systems, and ability to research equipment and technologies.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, or the ability to obtain licensure within 6 months of hire
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective presentations and prepare written reports and documents
Willingness to Travel
Job Description: Pumping and hydraulics for liquids, slurries, and viscous fluids. Open channel flow hydraulics. Fluid dynamics and design of air and gas distribution and diffusion systems. Tank and tank mixing analysis and design. Equipment system controls – P&ID’s. Piping design and expertise.Valving. Water industry biological and disinfection systems.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and execute work on wastewater and water utilities including treatment plant, pumping station, and bio-system facility planning and design.
- Perform technical research, and be able to communicate and apply this knowledge.
- Participate and/or Lead project team in planning and/or designing a major engineering project and coordinate special planning, economic, and engineering studies.
- Provide consultation in specialized areas related to efficient design management for treatment plant, pumping station, and bio-system facility planning and design.
- Make decisions and solve problems.
- Participate in improving company resources and tools to improve design production and efficiency.
- Prepare presentations to clients and for professional meetings.
- Direct the work of drafters and designers, coordinate with other disciplines.
- Coordinate with and oversee the work of entry level technical staff and engineers.
- Coach and mentor junior engineers and designers.
- Provide input to project budgets for proposal work.
- Abide by ATC's health and safety policies and procedures.