Senior Project Manager - Asset Maintenance
As Senior Project Manager you will use your analytical and technical knowledge combined with your practical field experience to optimize the project and achieve aggressive profitability and project goals. This position is perfect for someone passionate about managing complex highway maintenance contracts in a high profile setting and working with the Florida Department of Transportation.
Senior Project Management: You will roll up your sleeves and apply your project management expertise to the successful performance of complex highway maintenance contracts and successful relationships with FDOT throughout the project.
- Responsible for all operations, personnel, equipment, vehicles, safety, and financial aspects.
- Enthusiastically apply your passion and expertise optimizing highway maintenance projects and operations to ensure successful, profitable, timely performance according to contract specifications, safely, and with maximum customer satisfaction.
- Strengthen and deepen working relationships with FDOT as a valued business partner and creating demand for our services.
- Set the strategic and tactical multiple year highway maintenance and operation plans in accordance with contract specifications and profitability goals
- Create and implement best practices and key performance metrics to effectively use technology, labor, resources and equipment for well-organized operations throughout the project.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory, legal and government regulations.
- Ensure organized, clean, safe and efficient work environment and well-maintained equipment, vehicles, tools and safety gear.
- Prompt investigation and resolution of all complaints and emergencies.
Financial: Responsible for all financial aspects including P&L, budgets, cost controls, equipment, inventory, material and labor ensuring successful operations and project management as well as profitability.
- Implement best practices for managing all financial aspects, reports, schedules, tracking performance and implementing corrective actions to increase profitability and optimize processes, effective use of resources, equipment, expenses, inventory, labor, technology, and assets.
Leadership: Hire, train, develop, motivate and mentor to form high performing, high-morale, results-oriented team focused on best practices, performance, profitability, safety, quality and exceeding established goals.
- Active and positive participation in professional and community networking and outreach opportunities.
What you'll need to succeed:
- A minimum of five (5) years of successful experience and best practices as a Project Manager for complex Highway Maintenance Projects with a track record of managing profitable projects according to specifications, safely with timely performance and maximum customer satisfaction. Ability to work with FDOT in a high-profile setting.
- A four-year degree in related field or Professional Engineer license preferred.
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding established business goals, executing plans, implementing key performance metrics, problem solving, decision making and strong business acumen.