Ascension Information Services is one of the nation’s largest healthcare information technology services organizations.
We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:
• Support rapid and effective clinical decision making
• Improve efficiency and care transitions
• Foster information sharing across the continuum of care
• Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes
Manages large, complex projects for multiple business customer(s).
- Helps customers define requirements, issues, solutions, and deliverables. Designs and implements projects requiring extensive systems integration, large teams and multiple technical platforms with global implications.
- Anticipates and addresses implementation obstacles by devising approaches to assess the situation, developing and testing options, and introducing new procedures or tools.
- Evaluates and recommends new technical directions and approaches to senior management. Serves as an expert resource in the organization on project management.
- Develops staff for both technical and project leadership roles. Assigns project work and mentors/approves work output. Negotiates terms with vendors and manages their work.
- Applies expertise in project management methodologies, tools and techniques. Demonstrates a strong understand of current and future technology and applications architectures. Successfully integrates across multiple technologies and systems.
- Negotiates and commits to deliverables with customers. Within the context of the project, has complete authority to select tools and methodologies, establish timeliness and milestones, make work assignments, and approve work output. Negotiates terms with vendors and manages their work.
- Conducts complete diagnostics of most business problems, factoring in a strong understanding of potential solutions. Anticipates and executes plans to address implementation obstacles while clarifying vague, undefined business needs.
- Manages large, complex projects typically lasting more than a year and involving multiple vendors, multiple technologies, leading edge technologies, and broad implications for the IT architecture.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification in Project Management (e.g. Certified Associate in Project Management from the Project Management Institute) highly desired.
- Bachelor's LevelDegree
- Bachelor's degreepreferred or equivalent experience
- Ten or more years of experiencepreferred.