The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring the overall success of .NET, SharePoint, and other Web-based application development for our clients. Key responsibilities include: scope definition, management, resource planning, task management, project status reporting, change management, and risk management.
The senior project manager will be responsible for gathering client business requirements and working with business analysts and technical consultants to design business solutions. Strong communication, organization, and leadership skills are essential. Some degree of hands-on technical experience or background is required.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The senior project manager’s primary responsibility is overseeing a project team to ensure the successful delivery of a project. Elements of a successful delivery include meeting or beating budget estimates, meeting or beating timelines, meeting or exceeding standards of quality, and achieving the highest level of overall customer satisfaction. In addition, the Project Manager is responsible for continuously defining and monitoring project assumptions that ultimately will help the customer and mindSHIFT to determine functionality that resides within or outside of the scope of the project.
- Manage project variables, namely scope, budget and timeline
- Communicate customer requirements with the team of programmers assigned to the project. Serve as the liaison between the programming team and the client.
- Develop and maintain project plans using Microsoft Project or other project planning tools
- Organize and run project status meetings internally and with clients, including preparing written project status reports and developing presentations
- Facilitate client training and user acceptance testing
- Perform post-implementation review of the system with the users.
- Participate in project status meetings and scheduling meetings with department management
- Work with the Quality Management team to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans, and that testing plans have been completed.
- Work with business analysts and consultants at times to analyze, define, and document requirements for client projects, and contribute to documentation such as functional specifications, budget estimates, and timelines.
- Evaluate customer development requests and provide recommendations.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients during pre-and post-sales activities and to build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Must be able to effectively manage a development team
- Possess strong presentation skills and negotiation skills.
- Ability to constantly seek additional revenue opportunities by always being aware of scope changes, upgrade opportunities within existing engagements, or new opportunities within a customer’s organization.
- Provide leadership and coordination to development teams in the performance of their assigned tasks and projects.
- Incorporate risk management strategies in project planning to mitigate potential issues.
- Keep management and clients continuously updated of status of active projects.
Job Description Continued
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- PMP or Project Management Certifications a plus
- Prior experience with Business Analysis or Consultant Practices
- Advanced Management Training and Technical Certifications a plus.
- Post-graduate degree (e.g., Masters or MBA) a plus
- Hands-on technical experience/background required
- Min. 8+ years of direct project management experience
- Experience in implementing projects from begin to end for mid-size to large companies